Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #81
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Not all of those just apply to fat people. I have big shoulders and fitting in an airline seat is near impossible Adults sitting next to me are going to get a face full of my shoulder. A lot or car seat are too narrow as well. Shirts are also hard to buy because to get them to "fit" I have to buy an extra XL. I'm only 5'10" and XL shirts usually end up being too long and/or extra baggy in the waist.

I can however still see my dick and touch my toes.

I can vouch for that...you arent fat, but you are broad!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #82
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I'm probably a different case because I don't eat much meat, but when I am watching what I eat I spend so much less. Chips, cookies and sodas are expensive. And add a severe lack of portion control to that and it gets pricey for me. But I think that is because I will only eat meat for a couple meals a week when I am watching my weight.
Yea, seafood isn't cheap but I love it.. and we usually spring for the lean ground beef and better quality meats but even fruits and veggies aren't cheap.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #83
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
Yea, seafood isn't cheap but I love it.. and we usually spring for the lean ground beef and better quality meats but even fruits and veggies aren't cheap.
Yeah seafood and lean meats are expensive. I think for me the biggest change is portion control. A correctly portioned salad for dinner is cheaper than a whole bag of fritos.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #84
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Bullshit. Im 6'4, 310, and i've been in all different kinds of shapes (presently round and out of), but with a proper diet exercise, anyone can be almost any size they want.

Most people with thyroid problems, cant gain weight because their body produces too much metabolic chemicals (thyroxine or T4 and triiodothyronine, or T3). The one in a million who dont produce enough, can get supplements. The thyroid does slow down later in life.

My dad was 315 at about 5'10. Huge all his life. With a nutritionists, he went down as far as 185. He didnt feel that good, and went back up to about 220-230.

Anyone can be in any shape they want, it is that simple.
I was going to say this too. I have no room to talk I was blessed with amazing metabolism which was odd considering my mom was average and my dad was 6' 300ish. But I am 170 when lifting alot and 150-155 when in moto season. But PROPER diet and exercise are the keys. I have some pretty large and round friends who are damn decent and active athletes. But they remain large and round because they don't do the right things to truly trim up. Dieting sucks ass. I don't blame people for not following through with proper diet and exercise. But the truth remains for most people. If you want to change your body badly enough you can. It's easier for most to just complain or excuse it away though.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #85
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
You get to see your dick, touch your toes, actually sit without flopping on the couch, have women hit on you, fit in your car seat, buy clothes that actually look and fit good, take your shirt off in the summer, have more energy at all times, have higher self esteem.
I'm happy with jeans and a T-shirt, and they make 'em pretty big. Only women (and even then a minority) cover up in the summer because of their weight. My toes take care of themselves. And I'm married, so I don't get any nookie regardless of what I do or look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Hmmm, but lets look at this "cost analysis" you brought up.

Doesnt it cost more to OVERindulge on those small pleasures than it would be to eat healthy portions of such? Eat 2 cookies a day for pleasure, a bag a week. Sit in front of the tv and eat a BAG of cookies or chips a DAY, way more expensive.
Costco

And let me just mention, one of my coworkers is a constant fitness/diet freak... right now there is something in the office fridge called "Hummus Classic Snacker Pack"

Judging by the dirty looks I get when I'm enjoying a breakfast donut, fitness |= happiness

And finally, the friggin' TV stereotype, OMG... Since Top Gear and Penguins of Madagascar have been in repeats, I haven't watched TV in at least 2 weeks. There ARE other sedentary forms of relaxation!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #86
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Bullshit. Im 6'4, 310, and i've been in all different kinds of shapes (presently round and out of), but with a proper diet exercise, anyone can be almost any size they want.

Most people with thyroid problems, cant gain weight because their body produces too much metabolic chemicals (thyroxine or T4 and triiodothyronine, or T3). The one in a million who dont produce enough, can get supplements. The thyroid does slow down later in life.

My dad was 315 at about 5'10. Huge all his life. With a nutritionists, he went down as far as 185. He didnt feel that good, and went back up to about 220-230.

Anyone can be in any shape they want, it is that simple.
Right on.

I'm the opposite of this. By the time I was 24 I had never gotten above 150lbs, and I'm 6' tall. At our old forum there was a fitness section and I read what Apoc and 101 and the other guys that lift had to say and I studied up. 101 sent me a book, can't remember the name of it.

Anyway, I kept at it and eventually found the diet/exercise combo that worked for me. I grew so fast I got stretch marks on my thighs. I eventually made it to 200lbs. Eventually I got to the point to where I couldn't afford to keep eating that much chicken and meat, BUT the point remains that it is possible to drastically modify your body no matter how your DNA is coded.

Now, through normal exercise and portions I stay around 175 and I don't fall through the shower drain anymore.

THANKS GUYS!
________
Toyota Iq

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 08:26 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #87
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

grilled chicken anyone? fresh fish? Lil fruit (strawberries and blueberries) and oatmeal? Perhaps a good serving of broccolli or carrots.
and I must insist that you chuck that soda down the sink...there will be none of that.
Little water or cranberry juice on the side
Need a snack...grab a handful of penuts and raisins.

Now if you will just dip it all in this vat of blended maple syrup and butter we can be on our way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #88
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
I get annoyed at the grocery store because your basically penalized by trying to eat healthy. We eat mainly meat, fish, veggies and fruit and very little else...egg whites and stuff sure but we eat pretty healthy overall. We will easily spend $150 each week at the store.

If we ate Ramen noodles and boxed processed foods we could spend 1/2 of that. Add in the cost of a gym membership at probably 20-30 each a month.

sure I agree 100% I feel better when I eat right and I'm in shape but it's expensive and takes effort....
So true, you can get a whopper jr for $0.99 but a nice salad that would fill you up the same is like $7! I would think its a lot cheaper to grow vegetation than to grow cows!

So for 3 meals of whopper jr's, its $3, and for 3 salads, its $21?? Granted, i make my own salads but when i am hungry and on the go, its so much more tempting to spend a buck.

Last edited by Tsunami; 07-08-2009 at 04:32 PM..
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #89
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
No, not really. I was just poking fun at the way expecting mamas always relate what they're talking about to their pregnancy.

Light heartedly of course.

Kinda like I start every argument with "I'm from the hood"? People can only relate to situations from their own experiences.... Being pregnant is 75% of her world right now and is obviously going to skew her perspective. Heck, we're all like that. All the medical people approach every thread from that angle, the engineers from that angle, etc, etc.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #90
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
So true, you can get a whopper jr for $99 but a nice salad that would fill you up the same is like $7! I would think its a lot cheaper to grow vegetation than to grow cows!
Spensive out there in Vegas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote