Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #81
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

It also explains why nature loving pot smoking hippies are so for it too.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #82
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
There are also plenty of "earth" or "God" made things that are extremely deadly and harmful.
Wouldn't it have been simpler just to say "natural"?

just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #83
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I couldnt resist.

That was fascinating, thank you! (No sarcasm intended.)

You very much have a good argument for your "side" and honestly, after reading all that I see very much where you are coming from, and agree.

I dont have blinders on when it comes to the crap our govt pulls, but reading about the efforts they made to make it illegal to save their profits and "big money"'s profits really hits home, especially on the nature loving side of me.

Absolutely fascinating. Now if only the other proponents of legalization were as avid and educated on the matter as you are, perhaps there would be a substantial and rewarding effort for legalization attempts.
Thank you for that, it will make my day. I am a supporting member of NORML and I do my part to spread the word. Unfortunately, and for good reason, many like minded individuals are just too scared to help spread the word due to fear of imprisonment, rape, torture...or just plain ol' losing their jobs and livelihood.

This is a fascinating subject and is about so much more than Marijuana. It is a classic story of corruption, control, power and money...all used in the evil sense. I highly recommend Woody's movie "Grass" as a very well put together and educational documentary on the subject.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUgJEhQ5cY
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-14-2010 at 11:58 AM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #84
the chi
Forum Coach

Is that sarcasm?

I am just in awe of the whole thing right now, definitely fires me up to look into it more...

Tell me how spreading the word and educating folks could get people imprisoned and what not. Im genuinely curious. So long as they follow the laws on protesting and whatnot they should be safe right? (And yes, on this I am that naive.)
Old 05-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #85
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Eventually, if it is ever legalized, drug screening will all but disappear from the employment scene.
As I have posted before, not only do I disagree that it will be reduced, I think it will be increased. My belief is that workers comp insurance will require increased screening, especially in "hazardous" work environments.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #86
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Is that sarcasm?

I am just in awe of the whole thing right now, definitely fires me up to look into it more...

Tell me how spreading the word and educating folks could get people imprisoned and what not. Im genuinely curious. So long as they follow the laws on protesting and whatnot they should be safe right? (And yes, on this I am that naive.)
No, its not sarcasm at all. If I have in anyway altered your view on Marijuana for the better today then that makes me very happy and means I have met my social goal for the day. To me the millions of Americans who's lives have been ruined by this prohibition is every bit the tragedy of any other. There are sometimes worse things even than death.

I'll use a local guy as an example on how activism can result in imprisonment. An ex Highway Patrol Drug Interdiction Officer named Barry Cooper, who was once one of the best drug cops in the state, realized that he had been needlessly ruining good people's lives by imprisoning them for Marijuana and turned to the other side.

He became a pro-pot activist and put out a series of DVDs called "Never Get Busted Again" where he used his knowledge to help pot users, dealers and growers stay out of jail. He also set up stings to bust corrupt cops. In the end his home was raided SWAT style for a misdemeanor charge of "filing a false report" in direct retaliation for video taping one of their cops stealing cash.

Then, his 4 year old son was taken away, solely due to his activism in the Marijuana community, as evidenced by the court documents.

Long live Barry Cooper! www.barrybomb.com www.nevergetbusted.com
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #87
the chi
Forum Coach

Goof has a point, while it may not be as bad as alcohol, using marijuana in a job situation that requires full function, reason and reflexes would pose a hazard. How would you get around that?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #88
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Wouldn't it have been simpler just to say "natural"?

just sayin
Yeah, but I always hear the stoners say "God made weed and Man made beer. Who do you trust?" and crap like that. "nature" also made Cobras and I'm not drinking their shit.

Kaneman:
I do believe that many employers are now turning a blind eye. At my company they give "random" drug tests to people they know don't do drugs which basically leaves it up to me and one other guy but most guys I work with are ex-cons.

However, many companies are wanting to turn people away because they smoke cigarettes (which is their right) due to the cost of employing smokers. I couldn't imagine a company wanting to deal with the potential costs of drug users.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #89
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
As I have posted before, not only do I disagree that it will be reduced, I think it will be increased. My belief is that workers comp insurance will require increased screening, especially in "hazardous" work environments.
It would simply not be possible for companies to staff themselves eventually as more people turned from Alcohol to Marijuana. There would also be tremendous public pressure to end a practice who's sole purpose is to detect Marijuana in a society where it is legal and accepted.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #90
the chi
Forum Coach

Good to know on the Barry Cooper thing, thank you again. More food for thought.