Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #81
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Even if HD did manage to start secretly importing bikes made in India, something I find unlikely since they would have a few thousand former employees paying very close attention to where their jobs end up, once they were discovered I believe it would kill the company. Bankrupt companies aren't able to pay out golden parachutes.

Concerning the Indian market, yes it is a predominantly poor country, but it also has a very large population. Not only did India have over one hundred thousand people with a net worth over $1 million dollars in 2009, some recent projections expect that to triple in the next 10 years. If you are trying to sell HDs to that group would you rather sell them a $75k+ CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide or the same bike for less than half that? How about a $42k Night Rod vs. the same bike for less than half? It makes a lot of sense to manufacture motorcycles destined for India in India.
Well I am sure they have done market research and feel there is enough of a market there.. but even with 300,000 people worth over $1m how many are going to buy bikes? and even if say 5% of them bought bikes that is 15,000 bikes sold.. the capital expense of the initial equipment and operating costs, even in india, would far exceed any profit you would make from it.. and really if 15,000 bikes are sold how soon would the same people buy another bike? not for a few years at least.. so HD is either planning on building in india to sell in india and countries nearby because there is a market or potential market or they are just positioning themselves for the future in india because its an emerging market which seems unlikely because they are talking cutting millions in manufacturing costs why would they make such an investment in this bad economy or they are planning on building dirt cheap bikes in a low cost country to sell here.. i have no idea what the answer is just wild speculation and my own theories that involve golden parachutes for the select few..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #82
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Well I am sure they have done market research and feel there is enough of a market there.. but even with 300,000 people worth over $1m how many are going to buy bikes? and even if say 5% of them bought bikes that is 15,000 bikes sold.. the capital expense of the initial equipment and operating costs, even in india, would far exceed any profit you would make from it.. and really if 15,000 bikes are sold how soon would the same people buy another bike? not for a few years at least.. so HD is either planning on building in india to sell in india and countries nearby because there is a market or potential market or they are just positioning themselves for the future in india because its an emerging market which seems unlikely because they are talking cutting millions in manufacturing costs why would they make such an investment in this bad economy or they are planning on building dirt cheap bikes in a low cost country to sell here.. i have no idea what the answer is just wild speculation and my own theories that involve golden parachutes for the select few..
It has to do with more than India. They can supply a large portion of the Asian market with bikes that cost less to build. India makes the most sense for Asian manufacturing since their tariffs are much higher (more than double) than they are in China (estimated at around 400k millionaires, and that will only increase), the other large emerging market in the region. I'm not questioning whether they will build a factory in India. HD has publicly stated it is something the company is considering so it isn't exactly top secret. What I find hard to believe is the premise that they will use that factory to supply bikes for the American market. That part makes no sense to me, and as I said executives don't get their golden parachutes paid out from bankrupt companies.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #83
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

If it were any easier to make you throw a temper tantrum, you'd come with strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdpuppy View Post
stupid fucks like you... quick to judge and start name calling
All in the same sentence. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpuppy View Post
you have entertained me for about 15.2 seconds..
Can you spare 15.2 seconds with all your classified missions? I now feel like I jeapordized something so important only some attention whore from Michigan knows about it.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #84
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
please tell me when i said i was a privileged vip? nice assumption goat fucker.. try using spell check so you don't appear so fucking ignorant.. you don't know who the fuck i am and you have no idea wtf i know.. i just happen to know those involved in this new plant in india.. personally i am not involved with it whatsoever.. wtf does riding a 10 year old bike have to do with anything? one of the directors of my company rides a 15 year old bike guess he must be lying about being a director..

thank you for the internet lesson.. i will put my tiara back on and go back to my tea party.. you can go back to getting buttfucked by sweaty dudes and then sucking their cock because that's what you love to do cum guzzler..

you said i was bragging.. you said i was saying i was important.. i never said or implied either.. you obviously don't know jack shit about communication.. the majority of communication is body language and tone therefore written communication is commonly misunderstood especially by stupid fucks like you that are know it all narrow minded assumption filled pricks who are quick to judge and start name calling but refuse to ever be proven wrong even though you clearly are quite often.. go get something to eat and fucking choke on it..

thanks both for your comments - thank you and fuck you..

You really are an idiot. The only one throwing out insults is you. You're fitting in wonderfully here I might add.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #85
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
please tell me when i said i was a privileged vip? nice assumption goat fucker.. try using spell check so you don't appear so fucking ignorant.. you don't know who the fuck i am and you have no idea wtf i know.. i just happen to know those involved in this new plant in india.. personally i am not involved with it whatsoever.. wtf does riding a 10 year old bike have to do with anything? one of the directors of my company rides a 15 year old bike guess he must be lying about being a director..

thank you for the internet lesson.. i will put my tiara back on and go back to my tea party.. you can go back to getting buttfucked by sweaty dudes and then sucking their cock because that's what you love to do cum guzzler..

you said i was bragging.. you said i was saying i was important.. i never said or implied either.. you obviously don't know jack shit about communication.. the majority of communication is body language and tone therefore written communication is commonly misunderstood especially by stupid fucks like you that are know it all narrow minded assumption filled pricks who are quick to judge and start name calling but refuse to ever be proven wrong even though you clearly are quite often.. go get something to eat and fucking choke on it..

Hey, you, lighten up on the personal attacks.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #86
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Hey, you, lighten up on the personal attacks.
Shhhhhh... It's just getting good!

Someone please pass the popcorn.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #87
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:

You are foaming at the mouth. Again.

Winding you up is like shooting fish in a barrel...comically easy.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #88
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Wow. Do people actually bother to reread shit like that before they push that post button? Jesus Christ man, take a toke, chill the fuck out, and use the preview button.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #89
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Wow. Do people actually bother to reread shit like that before they push that post button? Jesus Christ man, take a toke, chill the fuck out, and use the preview button.
It's actually kind of sad really, I mean, if you read the thread start to end. The real thread goes around him, and he just keeps pounding his own self-importance in the background.

He just can't see we don't care.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #90
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Yesterday I had some dude on a Harley start his bike up and rev it with the intention of scaring my daughter (I heard "watch her jump" whispered to his dentist/lawyer buddies). Not only did she fail to jump, she pointed and laughed saying,"Noise, daddy!" (she's 2)

I looked at the guy and said, "Oh she won't jump. Daddy already warned her about Harleys turning gasoline and oxygen into noise without the harmful side-effect of horsepower so she isn't scared of them."

Dude was speechless

(I honestly have no beef with Harleys themselves, just the douchebags they tend to attract, present company excluded of course)

Last edited by Particle Man; 08-08-2010 at 10:16 AM..
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote