Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #81
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Yep. Stupid.

Incarceration is the punishment.

What you propose just adds further insult to injury for those incarcerated unjustly (which, unfortunately, due to our war on drugs, is actually the majority).

Last edited by Avatard; 06-23-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #82
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Yep. Stupid.

Incarceration is the punishment.

What you propose just adds further insult to injury for those incarcerated unjustly (which, unfortunately, due to our war on drugs, is actually the majority).
Oh, people unjustly incarcerated? Like people who didn't break the law? I agree wholeheartedly in that case. People who didn't break the law shouldn't be punished. /thread
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #83
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

...and people in jail for breaking unjust laws shouldn't be TWICE punished.

But I don't expect you to understand that.

Yep. Stupid.

...And mean too.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #84
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:

Yep. Stupid.

...And mean too.
But, don't you get it?? He has a pic of a guy in a hannibal lecter mask, and his screen name is One Sick Psycho.. AKA: image, betcha he drives an auto..

Ps. I'm drunk. Fuck you OSP.

Last edited by Tmall; 06-23-2011 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Drunkenly decided that OSP needs a fucking.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #85
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

DEFINITELY drives an auto trans. Thinks owners of manuals should pick lettuce.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #86
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Quote:
I said your idea about further punishing drug offenders (which represent the vast majority of incarcerated people in America) with hard labor is STUPID.
In 2008 there were 346,479 (22.4%) inmates incarcerated for drug related crimes out of 1,544,634 (most recent stats I could find). Not quite the vast majority. -ProCon.Org

Quote:
Bullshit. The majority want cannabis legalization...and that's even after years of false propaganda from the government, and them even forcing the law on the public, when they couldn't actually get enough public support to change it (see: Marijuana tax act).:
Info I found said that where 74% of people supported the legalization of medicinal MJ, only 37% supported the general legalization of it. I know, there is a study, poll or finding to support any side of this arguement but unfortunately neither you or I can or anyone else can speak for "the Majority" because we can post stats from either viewpoint showing we are right.

The fact remains, whether fortunately or unfortunately, illegal drugs are by their very definition, illegal. Do you think its right? Evidently not. Is it the law? Yep. Was the law created "lawfully" or "justly"? You say no, but it was made by the system that governs us. So as long as we choose to live in this country, we have to abide by the laws, regardless of our position on their "justness". Other than your First Amendment right to express that position and opinion, you can work to have those laws changed or you can revolt. Your choice, but like OSP said, everything you do has consequences so if you want to play, be prepared to pay.

As far as putting prisoners to work, hell I say go for it if they actually come up with a viable plan. Work would be good for them and help to lessen the burden on the average tax-paying Joe (or Josephine). I (we) didnt ask them to commit crimes, get caught and be put in prison so if there is something they can do to help me (us) out as far as manual work goes (nothing dangerous, like mine-field clearing) then get them out of their cells, put them on one of those 100 grand buses, fill that bitch with used Fry oil from Sonic's (see cutting costs already) annd put them on a farm picking, baleing, hauling, loading, packing something (other than what they pack in prison, they should afterall be afforded a work environment free of sexual harassment like any good place of employment) or whatever.

This place we got here ain't perfect, but after traveling to some of the other places on this rock, I'll take the good with the bad and be thankful I can waste my (and your) time writing this, seeing opinions that mirror my own and those that dont. If you agree with me, then cool... if you dont, then cool too... either that or kiss my ass, doesnt really matter.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #87
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

You're right about one thing. You can find data to support any position.

http://www.skeptically.org/recdrugs/id8.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/09/us...f-inmates.html

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Prisons_and_Jails

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarce..._United_States

http://law.jrank.org/pages/1809/Pris...-on-drugs.html

I could go on...but you have Google on your computer as well, I'm sure.

The truth is that the war on drugs has wrought considerable collateral damage in society, and is, flat out, a dismal failure. The true overall crime percentage that the illegal drug black market inspires reaches far beyond the arrests for drug possession & distribution.

Last edited by Avatard; 06-24-2011 at 04:55 AM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #88
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:

Yep. Stupid.

...And mean too.
Again... you fail to recognize that they had a choice... They CHOSE to break the law, stupid law or not... it's not like the consequences are a big fucking secret. I guess that's too complicated of a concept for you to understand.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #89
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Tard apparently has a hard time differentiating between "opinions"....and "facts."

For example....."This law is unjust" is an OPINION. The FACT of the matter is that it is still the law and it applies to everyone. No matter the adjective you put before it, it's still the law and it still applies to you. There is NO rationalizing that FACT away.

Tard also has a hard time losing an argument with grace.

For example, "You are right, there is no rationalizing away the fact that it's the law until rescinded" is a reasonable thing to say when presented with that very simple FACT. Tard's typical replies, "You're a #$#$%^&^"....or ....or "You're a #$#$^ Nazi"? Not so much....

The "tip" is out on you, Tard...like a bad pokah playah....when you start attacking people personally or foaming at the mouth with profanity, we know we're winning the argument.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #90
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole