Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #81
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The Buell is classed to run in the 600cc Superstock AMA...and they are winning. I think some of you are just fucking jealous.

And Eslick is running damn good races.
I'm glad that they're competing, I just think they're in the wrong class. An 1125cc water-cooled twin has no business racing against 600cc fours.

Put it in Superbike where the competition will be closer to the same displacement and see how things go then. I think that will make the Buell a better bike, and it will definitely increase the respect it gets.

And while we're at it- if the racebike has a chain drive, the streetbike should too. At a minimum, chain drive should be an option.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #82
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I know what you mean..

Kinda irks me that a 6 or 7 litre chevy's direct competition are vehicles with half their displacement.
I didn't realize that was the topic. I didn't say anything about chevy's or whatever their direct competition is.

I was at a bikenight the other day and a guy with a Buell started talking smack to a friend and my wife who both ride R6's and I laughed and this thread reminded me of it that's all.

Yeah I've got a Z06...big deal. I had a Mustang before with a Vortech...again big deal.

Newsflash...I owned a Skyline GT when I was stationed in Japan in the Marines too...I'm not brand loyal so again...big deal.

I've owned Mazdas...Hondas...Toyotas...and oh yeah have a NEON SRT-4 in the garage as we speak.

Now back on topic...yeah I find it funny that alot of Buell fans are bragging about beating a 600. Run against the litre bikes and see how it goes. Funny Ducati can do it.

As I've already mentioned...I like Buells...just not some of the dick headed owners.

Last edited by z06boy; 05-06-2009 at 10:58 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #83
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I'm glad that they're competing, I just think they're in the wrong class. An 1125cc water-cooled twin has no business racing against 600cc fours.

Put it in Superbike where the competition will be closer to the same displacement and see how things go then. I think that will make the Buell a better bike, and it will definitely increase the respect it gets.

And while we're at it- if the racebike has a chain drive, the streetbike should too. At a minimum, chain drive should be an option.
How I feel as well.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #84
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Thanks, Captain.

It was a jab at Tmall.

Different car types = different classes.
Not exactly "direct competition" huh ?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #85
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
hrmmm yup thatlooks like a chain drive
Whats your fucking point, douche bag?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #86
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:

It is...if you have a current race license. I have the Buell parts catalog at home.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #87
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
It is...if you have a current race license. I have the Buell parts catalog at home.
That's stupid, IMO. I can go out tomorrow and buy an R6, throw track plastics and sticky tires on it, and go racing. Yamaha won't ask me for a race license for anything they sell; why does Buell? Do they think that only qualified racers can handle chain drive?

Again, I'm not anti-Buell at all. I think they make cool streetbikes and have some really innovative ideas. I just don't think they should need nearly double the displacement of Japanese machinery to be competitive.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #88
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
That's stupid, IMO. I can go out tomorrow and buy an R6, throw track plastics and sticky tires on it, and go racing. Yamaha won't ask me for a race license for anything they sell; why does Buell? Do they think that only qualified racers can handle chain drive?

Again, I'm not anti-Buell at all. I think they make cool streetbikes and have some really innovative ideas. I just don't think they should need nearly double the displacement of Japanese machinery to be competitive.
You can easily get aftermarket chain set up for next to nothing.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #89
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

what the hell Leno got a Buell too. lucky bastige.

LOL just kidding
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #90
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

Now back on topic...yeah I find it funny that alot of Buell fans are bragging about beating a 600. Run against the litre bikes and see how it goes. Funny Ducati can do it.

As I've already mentioned...I like Buells...just not some of the dick headed owners.

Exactly, Ducati is a way smaller company than HD and yet they have managed to race in the Superbike class. It's bad enough that they have to have such a huge displacement advantage (from an out sourced motor no less) but to then crow about it like they've accomplished something spectacular is douchebaggery at it's very finest. I still don't understand why someone doesn't get out there on a Ducati and wipe their asses' with these clowns.

BTW Eslick has been on some reasonably competitive equipment before and couldn't win shit. If you put Hacking on that bike he would lap half the field. It's also my opinion that they are sandbagging a little to keep DMG from "slowing them down". I think that little note from Eric even says that they haven't "fully developed" the engine yet.

Whatever, it's bullshit and everyone knows it. I can't wait for the "we won the championship" ads to come out. I hope that they plan on racing for quite a while because I doubt Eslick will be able to get a job with any of the other teams after this.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote