Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #81
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Last time....insurance in CANADA is different than insurance in the US.
I wonder... Kelli, call your agent and see if they offer broadened coverage, pretty please.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #82
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I wonder... Kelli, call your agent and see if they offer broadened coverage, pretty please.

According to John Watson, State Farm Agent in Cambridge, Ontario, there is no such thing as "broad form" insurance coverage in Ontario.

Ontario is a no fault insurance province which means that you only deal with your own insurance company and not theirs. Damages to your vehicle are covered by your insurance.

Quote:
My name is KellY or Kell.

Sorry....noticed you've spelled it differently a few times.

Not being a bitch...just pointing it out.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #83
shmike
Follower

Quote:

Ontario is a no fault insurance province which means that you only deal with your own insurance company and not theirs. Damages to your vehicle are covered by your insurance.

That is weird.

Florida is a no fault state. I got into an accident and it was entirely the other person's fault.

Her insurance company handled everything, right down to my rental car. I paid no deductible and when I called my agent, he didn't even report it to my insurance carrier.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #84
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
You can buy the deductible down to zero, but it's prohibitively expensive. you can even sue for the deductible, but blood from a stone and all that.

The person who hit me was out on the road, driving illegally and delivering pizzas, within 48 hours of having hit me. I reported him but his address on his license was old, and he dodged police until he could pay his fines to have his license reinstated, then got a back-dated insurance card.

He ended up being out something like $7K on the "no valid insurance" charge, a couple of hundred bucks for "failure to yield right of way", and a damaged clunker that he replaced with another clunker within 2 days. He was back to making untaxed earnings while driving illegally. I doubt that having his license suspended stopped him from driving for a living for a single day but I actually had to work for a living, so I couldn't keep trying to get him nailed.

Pretty damned close to scott-free, by my books.
Believe it or not, I understand where you are coming from but the real problem is he hit you no? No amount of insurance is going to take away your pain and suffering. I mean are you angry you didn't have someone to sue?

Btw speaking of the op's topic, how in the hell do you know so much about this guy's personal life?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #85
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
That is weird.

Florida is a no fault state. I got into an accident and it was entirely the other person's fault.

Her insurance company handled everything, right down to my rental car. I paid no deductible and when I called my agent, he didn't even report it to my insurance carrier.
Bike or car? There are different rules if it's a car-bike accident. The no fault rules are scrapped and if it is the car's fault, their insurance pays for everything.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #86
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
According to John Watson, State Farm Agent in Cambridge, Ontario, there is no such thing as "broad form" insurance coverage in Ontario.

My name is KellY or Kell.

Sorry....noticed you've spelled it differently a few times.

Not being a bitch...just pointing it out.

So the only way to not pay a deductible would be to get zero deductible insurance? Hmmm... then what is all of this talk about the other guy's insurance paying your deductible?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #87
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Bike or car? There are different rules if it's a car-bike accident. The no fault rules are scrapped and if it is the car's fault, their insurance pays for everything.
Yeah...I'm going to need to see that in writing...

My accident was car-car.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #88
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

My dualsport insurance costs $18/year. My uninsured motorist insurance (required by the state of TN) is $150/year. Pisses me off!

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #89
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
My dualsport insurance costs $18/year. My uninsured motorist insurance (required by the state of TN) is $150/year. Pisses me off!
Yea that's a bunch of bullshit! Here's the thing, let's say that the state has a legitimate case concerning the cost of treating all of these deadbeats. Well why don't they crack down on the people breaking the law? Why is it our responsibility to pay for their medical coverage? Hey if they get universal health care passed will they drop this charge from now on? I still think it's bullshit! My ins pays for me and your insurance pays for you. Why would my ins cares if you have ins? As far as the state goes, don't we already pay for all of these people's health care with our taxes? Aren't charity cases part of the reason that hospitals are so expensive? How many times are we going to be charged for the same problem/issue? Oh and it's always been bullshit for you to have to pay the state charge on every vehicle you insure. If anything, it should be a one time charge... Hit everyone for an extra $50 on their driver's license or get charged once per policy regardless of the number of vehicles.It's basically another tax and a fee that probably keeps poor people from buying insurance...vicious circle anyone?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #90
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post

What Tmall and Apoc don't seem to realize, is that I was born in their neck of the woods
I realize that, I never once said anyone wasnt entitled to their opinion. Mine just differs from yours. Ive seen tons of people lose their jobs in the last couple of years because of the economy, and struggle to get by, or lose everything. So like I said, if that 200$/month insurance is 200$ that needs to be put somewhere else, so be it.

Im not complaining because its none of my business. Its no one else either. Like I said, if I get hit by someone with no insurance, im covered, and that is frankly all that matters to me.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote