Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I just use windex and a paper towel...Works for me...Even with the anti fog.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
warm water and dish soap.
Bare hands and Dawn FTW! Sometimes I use glass cleaner or rubbing alcohol if I don't have the time or what have you to pull the visor and clean it in the sink. I do keep it waxed with Mcguires cleaner polish to help with the bug guts and to help shed water if I get caught out.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
was92v
Nowhere Man

Spray & Shine for a quickie. If the shield is off the helmet, warm water and mild soap, dry with a soft cloth. I never use a paper towel, they all scratch. For the dried bugs that have been there a few days, place a damp cloth over the shield and let it stay there for 10-15 minutes, then just wipe them off.
I keep a wet cloth in a baggie and a dry cloth in a baggie under the seat. Then I have something to clean my visor with all day.
Usually everyone around uses it too...
Amazingly a wet cloth stays wet for about 3 months. Doesn't smell very good, but it stays wet.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
Spray & Shine for a quickie. If the shield is off the helmet, warm water and mild soap, dry with a soft cloth. I never use a paper towel, they all scratch. For the dried bugs that have been there a few days, place a damp cloth over the shield and let it stay there for 10-15 minutes, then just wipe them off.
I keep a wet cloth in a baggie and a dry cloth in a baggie under the seat. Then I have something to clean my visor with all day.
Usually everyone around uses it too...
Amazingly a wet cloth stays wet for about 3 months. Doesn't smell very good, but it stays wet.

I could imagine a wet rag,with bug guts on it,under the seat for 3 months.... whew!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

windex.

spit.

water.

whatever. As far as the chromatic lens' go, they're hit or miss. some people have never had them chip/fade and others have had em go bad in a week... and i haven't heard any single definitive way to prevent it.

the things getting hit with pebbles and bugs at 80mph, i dont think my washcloth/shirt/sock is going to really hurt anything.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

best method guarentee: wet a paper towell and place it on the visor nice and smooth, come back in 15 min, remove towell, wipe with a soft rag. nice and shiney, no chemicals, no damage. i do the same for my windscreen
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote