Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default Great Job in Colorado

Hey, we all have writing experience, so here's a Reporter job in Telluride, CO: http://denver.craigslist.org/wri/833923110.html. Telluride? Yeah, it's like Aspen, except Aspen is for billionaires, but Telluride is for normal folks.

In 1978, I worked in the Idarado Mine there. It was a huge silver, lead, zinc mine. It had an entrance above Ouray on the east, where we would take a train six miles underground. The mill was on the other side of the mountain, above Telluride.

This is in the San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado, probably the most beautiful in Colorado. Telluride is in a box canyon, surrounded by mountains on three sides. Opportunities for canyon or mountain riding are unlimited. Arizona and Utah are nearby, and I don't have to tell you about riding out there. The winters can be brutal, but the skiing is world class. It is just a fantastic place.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Hey, we all have writing experience, so here's a Reporter job in Telluride, CO: http://denver.craigslist.org/wri/833923110.html. Telluride? Yeah, it's like Aspen, except Aspen is for billionaires, but Telluride is for normal folks.

In 1978, I worked in the Idarado Mine there. It was a huge silver, lead, zinc mine. It had an entrance above Ouray on the east, where we would take a train six miles underground. The mill was on the other side of the mountain, above Telluride.

This is in the San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado, probably the most beautiful in Colorado. Telluride is in a box canyon, surrounded by mountains on three sides. Opportunities for canyon or mountain riding are unlimited. Arizona and Utah are nearby, and I don't have to tell you about riding out there. The winters can be brutal, but the skiing is world class. It is just a fantastic place.

I love Telluride... my family drove through there when i was younger... GORGEOUS place... I'd love to go back... but alas no military bases near...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I can't write for squat. Also can't leave Indiana because of my daughter. Believe me, I'd most likely be out west if I could be.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

me love writing. me love snowboarding. but me love riding more.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

[story]
You suckers know the snow and the forecast-so what am I talking to you for? Why are you reading this? Are you the retard that broke his leg beneath the lift-If so that was me laughing and spit on you.

See you on the slope!! [/story]

So,Am I qualified?
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Dont think so
Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84 View Post
Dont think so

Oh I don't know...it was better than some of the crap I've read in the papers lately!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

If this was a photog job I'd be there.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I want to be a moto journalist. Attend press releases, demo bikes on pristine race tracks, go to events...But no way am I moving to Southern Cali...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh I don't know...it was better than some of the crap I've read in the papers lately!
There was just a girl that wrote into my colleges paper today about how a lot of the columns keep using the word "like" just like a high school girl would, then sure enough the article on the back page did the exact same thing. People that can not communicate prperly dont need to be heard.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote