Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Rider
Moto GP Star

Default iPhone 4 or Droid Incredible 2?

Finally getting into the smart phone world and trying to decide on which phone to get.

The iPhone seems so simple to use but I like the look and feel of the droid better. I aready have an iTouch so getting an iPhone seems like the way to go for ease of music and apps loading. What do you guys think?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

iPhone. FUCK the droid. Never again will I buy one. EVAR.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

If you're new to smartphones then yeah, I'd say iPhone, phuck the h8ters.

But if you do get an android phone, make sure it's a Samsung, because the others have shitty screens & cameras IMO.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Neither of those phones has LTE capability, wait for something like the Droid Bionic or youll probably regret it.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I have the Inc 2, love it. course I came from the original Droid. much faster and smoother. have had a few little glitches, such as my phone for a day trying to ad 0015 to the front of every number even voicemail, resulting in the call not going through...

and now, my wifi doesn't want to connect, though think that's cause the guy at the verizon store didn't know what he was doing and when trying to sort out the 0015 issue, fucked up my wifi...

as for LTE... I"m in MS for the next 2-3 years, LTE isn't coming to me any time soon and I don't spend hardly any time in a LTE market. so that was pointless. also the Thunderbolt (if not rooted) searches for LTE all the time so your battery life SUCKS.

as for droid v iPone... it's what ever, I prefer Droid as I like having the open market... but it's up to you, I probably won't root this phone for a while... as it's perfect for what I need right now.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
I have the Inc 2, love it. course I came from the original Droid. much faster and smoother. have had a few little glitches, such as my phone for a day trying to ad 0015 to the front of every number even voicemail, resulting in the call not going through...

and now, my wifi doesn't want to connect, though think that's cause the guy at the verizon store didn't know what he was doing and when trying to sort out the 0015 issue, fucked up my wifi...

as for LTE... I"m in MS for the next 2-3 years, LTE isn't coming to me any time soon and I don't spend hardly any time in a LTE market. so that was pointless. also the Thunderbolt (if not rooted) searches for LTE all the time so your battery life SUCKS.

as for droid v iPone... it's what ever, I prefer Droid as I like having the open market... but it's up to you, I probably won't root this phone for a while... as it's perfect for what I need right now.
I dont know when were getting LTE in my city either but Im in the market for a new phone, also have the original Droid, and I figure I have nothing to lose by getting an LTE capable handset.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Have you gone to the stores and played with them? We're all partial to what we actually use so its really all up to your personal preference.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
also the Thunderbolt (if not rooted) searches for LTE all the time so your battery life SUCKS.
The new Samsung Charge has better battery life than the Thunderbolt.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #9
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Have you gone to the stores and played with them? We're all partial to what we actually use so its really all up to your personal preference.
With the exception of me...I hate my Evo. I nearly threw it out the sunroof of my car the other day. I'll never buy another droid.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
With the exception of me...I hate my Evo. I nearly threw it out the sunroof of my car the other day. I'll never buy another droid.
Ahhh, i thought you had already switched to the Iphone...Ihave to say, hands down, its the simplest phone I've ever messed with, easy to use and great for ANYTHING I need it for.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote