Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Default Chevy Replaces Car In Miracle Story Of Survival

Talk about great PR

http://www.wnem.com/news/26570194/detail.html

Quote:
DETROIT -- Millington's Marc Keinath miraculously survived an icy encounter with a tractor-trailer earlier week. His 2004 Chevrolet Malibu didn’t.

On Friday, Chevy will write the next chapter in the amazing story by presenting Keinath with the keys to a new 2011 Malibu.

"This is an incredible story of survival that shows you just never know what’s going to happen on the road,” said Rick Scheidt, executive director at Chevrolet. “When you look at Marc’s Malibu, you would never expect anyone would ever walk away from it.”

Keinath, 30, was driving his Malibu along Interstate 75 in Genesee County when he encountered a patch of ice and spun out. When he regained control of the car, the tractor-trailer hauling 20 tons of sugar smashed into the rear of Keinath’s before falling on top of it.

As parts of the roof of the Malibu began to fold under the tremendous weight of the trailer, Keinath reclined his seat to give him more room inside, reached for his cell phone and dialed 911.

He walked away with no serious injuries.

“It’s been a heck of a week for me,” Keinath said. “I want to thank God for giving me a second chance at life, the firefighters and first responders who helped me, and Chevy for making a car that can hold a semi.”

Keinath’s new 2011 Malibu, which was named a “Top Safety Pick” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2009 and 2010, will come equipped with two years of lifesaving OnStar technology standard.

It will be presented to him at Flint Engine Plant Friday at 1:30 p.m.
Check out the video's. Simply amazing on many counts.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Wow...lucky he put the seat back.

Nice of GM to give the guy a new ride.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Translation: thank you for not filing a stupid lawsuit against the car company because a truck sat on your car.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Translation: thank you for not filing a stupid lawsuit against the car company because a truck sat on your car.
stupid lawsuit... for no fault of GM

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
stupid lawsuit... for no fault of GM
Pretty much.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I honestly dont hink it has anything to do with that. Its not like chev could be held liable for anything that happened. What could they possibly be sued for.

The truth is, they gave him the car because it will increase the amount of exposure the story gets. They arent giving him a new car because of what happened to the guy. They are giving it because of the increased exposure the story will get.

Its their way of showing the public 2 things. The first being that the Malibu is extremely safe, and the second that chev is a caring company who is looking out for their customers.

Its a Public relations/publicity decision. It has nothing to do with lawsuits.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I honestly dont hink it has anything to do with that. Its not like chev could be held liable for anything that happened. What could they possibly be sued for.

The truth is, they gave him the car because it will increase the amount of exposure the story gets. They arent giving him a new car because of what happened to the guy. They are giving it because of the increased exposure the story will get.

Its their way of showing the public 2 things. The first being that the Malibu is extremely safe, and the second that chev is a caring company who is looking out for their customers.

Yes!

It's cheaper to give a 15K car then to run a series of ads on local TV when most will just go take a shit. Usually when a car company gives someone a free car out of nowhere, it is for free advertising.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Plus he dropped a huge thanks to Chevy live on the news clip that got played not only here, but nationwide... good free advertisement like that with a chance to pile even more butter on top of yourself for the cost of 1 car... shit of course they are all over that.

One things for sure though... homeboy needs to take a trip to Vegas, and fast!

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

These days, EVERything tends to end up as a lawsuit. Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't become a lawsuit (someone would usually say "Why didn't GM engineer the car to take a fully loaded 18 wheeler on it's roof?!"). Then again, I am probably just getting cynical in my old age (recent examples have pushed me in that direction such as the people suing FL because of their belief that FL's lack of a helmet law "caused" the death of their family member). Hell, I'm waiting for the lady who fell into the fountain while texting to sue the cell phone company next because there's no warning lable on the phone saying not to text and walk.

On a happier topic, the gauge cluster on my sled died and I discovered that the deluxe gauge cluster from an M8 will work on my T500 (including the altimeter). Much nicer setup.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I too think of everything resulting in a law suit.. because that's usually how it goes. I think it's great what Chevy did though even if it is only for publicity.

Last I heard the cell phone lady was contemplating a lawsuit against someone.. I think the security guards for lack of response.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote