Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default hair, as important as a gold medal

http://shine.yahoo.com/team-mom/defe...191700322.html

..In Defense of Gabby Douglas' Hair

Gabby Douglas is proudly representing her country in the Olympics. She's poised under pressure, performing gravity-defying athletic feats in front of an international audience. She's 16 and the second female African American U.S. gymnast to ever make the team. But instead of lauding her achievements, some people are slamming her for... not getting her hair done.

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

It's called the racist effect.

All NBC did was pimp Jordyn Weiber even though this girl won the US trials, it's a shame she didn't make the cut.

NBC fucking sucks... They blocked my mobile app cause I don't have a big enough TV programming plan. Had to VPN on a brit network and use the BBC app.

Racists gonna racist.

Last edited by Trip; 08-03-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

I have to say that just pisses me off! I haven't gotten to watch much of the gymnastics but, when I did I never once thought about any of their hair! I'm just damn proud of those girls and what they are able to do and have accomplished in the name of our country! People make me sick!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's called the racist effect.

All NBC did was pimp Jordyn Weiber even though this girl won the US trials, it's a shame she didn't make the cut.

NBC fucking sucks... They blocked my mobile app cause I don't have a big enough TV programming plan. Had to VPN on a brit network and use the BBC app.

Racists gonna racist.
Same here. We had actually cancelled our Dish, but before I sent the receiver back I found out if you had a cable subscription you could watch every event. Didn't know you'd have to have a super expensive programming plan. Fuck those assholes. This Olympic coverage has been shit.

As far as haters, not surprising at all. Haters gon hate.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I'm glad it's about her hair and not some controversy which involves a black person swinging around like a monkey.

She's fucking badass. I don't see how the gymnasts can do what they do. It just defies gravity.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
She's fucking badass. I don't see how the gymnasts can do what they do. It just defies gravity.
Agreed.

That much physical strength....and courage....packed into such small frames....it is incredibly impressive.....especially the uneven bars and floor exercises.

I couldn't care less about their hair....or nationality....I just watch them and appreciate them for what they do....display a superhuman amount of strength...courage....agility.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

It's not so much defying gravity as it is a very graceful demonstration of applied physics.
And yeah, that young lady's skill and focus are something else. I've barely watched any of the Olympics, but I caught some of the gymnastics last night and was thoroughly impressed.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I didn't even notice her hair.

If Homeslice hasn't said anything about it, it can't be all that bad.

JC
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Agreed.

That much physical strength....and courage....packed into such small frames....it is incredibly impressive.....especially the uneven bars and floor exercises.

I couldn't care less about their hair....or nationality....I just watch them and appreciate them for what they do....display a superhuman amount of strength...courage....agility.
Exactly.
My wife and I were watching the vault, and I told her "I've done some pretty stupid shit in my time, but running full speed doing flips toward a small trampoline in an attempt to launch myself over an immovable object isn't one of them. And won't be anytime soon."
She called me a pussy.
So I showed her why Judo is still an Olympic sport.
Hip Throw, Bitch.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

They only problem I got with Gabby is she defeats any purpose I have of watching gymnastics. I can't look at her butt without feeling like a pedo. Miss me some Shawn Johnson ass watching.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote