Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition
Default Well lookie here, found a vein...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426721,00.html

STARKE, Fla. — A Florida man convicted of shooting two young sisters in the head after raping and shooting their mother was executed Tuesday after a two-hour delay while authorities awaited final rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court.

Richard "Ric Ric" Henyard, 34, was pronounced dead at 8:16 p.m. He had been condemned for the death of 7-year-old Jamilya Lewis and her 3-year-old sister, Jasmine.

The execution had been scheduled for 6 p.m. but did not start until 8:06 p.m. The doctor pronounced him dead 10 minutes later.

Henyard kept his eyes closed and appeared to be mouthing some words as the execution began, but he declined to make any final statement.

He appeared to be shaking and having a hard time breathing after the lethal injection was administered, and stopped moving a minute later.

The execution was the second under Gov. Charlie Crist.

Henyard and a younger accomplice carjacked Dorothy Lewis and her daughters outside a grocery store in the central Florida town of Eustis on the night of Jan. 30, 1993. Henyard, then 18, raped Lewis and then shot her multiple times at close range, but she survived. He then participated in the shooting deaths of her daughters after they cried out for their mother.

Henyard ate most of his last meal -- two fried chicken breasts, turkey sausage, fried rice, chocolate chip cookies and a Coke, said Gretl Plessinger, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections.

In his 15 years on death row, Henyard only had one visitor. His godmother, Jacqueline Turner of Eustis, first visited him Friday but did not visit him as scheduled Tuesday, Plessinger said. Instead, a Muslim cleric visited Henyard.

Lewis, who talks about her ordeal as a pastor and motivational speaker in the Ocala area, has not responded to e-mails or telephone calls seeking comment on Henyard's pending execution.

"Today, I can truly say that I am no longer a victim, but I am victorious through the love of God," Lewis, now 51, wrote on a Web site, www.prayerforsexualtrauma.org.

Lewis and her daughters had gone to a Winn-Dixie about 10 p.m. when they were carjacked by Henyard and 14-year-old Alfonza Smalls.

Smalls repeatedly demanded that Lewis "shut the girls up" because they were crying.

At one point, Lewis beseeched Jesus for help and Henyard replied, "This ain't Jesus, this is Satan."

Henyard and Smalls raped Lewis before Henyard shot her in the leg, neck, mouth and between the eyes. She was rolled off the side of the road and left for dead.

As they were driven away by Henyard and Smalls, the girls yelled: "I want my Mommy! Mommy, Mommy!"

A short time later, the girls were taken from the car and killed with gunshot wounds to the head.

The day after the shooting, Henyard went to the Eustis Police Department and initially told a story implicating Smalls and another man. When police noticed bloodstains on his sock, he admitted helping abduct Lewis and her children. He also said he raped her and shot her. He said that he was present when the children were shot, but that he did not shoot them.

The Florida Supreme Court rejected all of Henyard's appeals Sept. 10, including his claim that Smalls was the shooter. The U.S. Supreme Court also denied two appeals filed last week.

A handwritten civil rights appeal filed by Henyard in federal court in Jacksonville was denied Tuesday. The appeal alleged the state's execution team lacks training and could cause a painful death if the IVs aren't properly inserted. That was the case during the December 2006 execution of Angel Diaz, who took more than twice as long as normal to die, triggering a moratorium that ended this year with new procedures for lethal injection.

The ruling was appealed to the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, which affirmed the lower court's decision and denied a stay of execution.

Small was too young to face execution. He was sentenced to eight consecutive life sentences for the kidnapping, rape and murders.

Florida has executed 65 inmates since the execution of John Spenkelink in 1979, 21 by lethal injection and 44 by the electric chair. Pedophile Mark Dean Schwab was executed July 1 for the 1991 slaying of 11-year-old Junny Rios-Martinez.

There are 387 men and one woman on Florida's death row, and Crist has said he wants to begin executing those who committed the most heinous crimes after they complete their appeals.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

This is one case in which lethal injection was not punishment enough. What a horrendous crime.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
This is one case in which lethal injection was not punishment enough. What a horrendous crime.
Theres a lot of cases like that. People can torture and kill their victims or rape them or whatever else and simply get a needle stuck in their arm. Thats why I still vote eye for an eye.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

15Years for appeals? Bullshit. A firing line immediately following the conviction was in order. The fuckhead lived 15 years too long.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
15Years for appeals? Bullshit. A firing line immediately following the conviction was in order. The fuckhead lived 15 years too long.
Truth
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Holy Shit that story gave me Chills.

One reason I HATE the US Court, you can Appeal for 15 years before you kick the bucket...And the One about the 06 Lethal Injection that took to long?? Good for you you fuck you derserve the torture.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Burn in hell, Ric Ric.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I don't think lethal injection is worth it. Why bother putting a needle in someone's arm? Firing line is the way to go. Maybe someone will argue that a person lives too long after being shot. Fine, use automatic weapons with full magazines. 5 shooters, 15 rounds per magazine, but 1 shooter has blanks so nobody knows who really killed the guy. 60 rounds go into him, he won't live long at all.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

fuck that shit, just leave it to me, I'll gladly walk down death row with a 9mm in one hand and a peacemaker in the other just puttin one in their kneecap so they bleed to death. criminals gave up their right to human treatment when they comitted a crime that got them on death row.

I vote we bring the ole 'lectric chair back and add some electrified dildos to it for each orifice so the suffering is greatly intensified.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

One bullet to the head-send the bill for the bullet to his parents for raising such a f'ed up kid.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote