Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R
Default The Cabot Trail

I know a lot of people have heard about it. Some of you likely haven't. It's probably one of the best motorcycle roads in the world. And it's relatively close to where I live.

I've decided that I'm taking 3-4 days next summer and I'm going to ride it and the surrounding areas. I hear it's about a 4-5 hour loops.

Here are the pics. Stolen from the internet of course. So, if they don't work or they end up being goatse at some point, tfb..

Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

It still amazes me that there are motorcyclists who have the Cabot Trail in their backyard and have never been there.

You will have a blast! You might remember that I rode up there in 2006 and went out to the Cabot Trail with Kirsty. What an amazing place! I'll definitely go back one day. You *can* do it in 4-5 hours without much difficulty, but you should try to take your time. There are alot of neat little shops/towns along the way to check out, and the people are just super friendly.

That trip still holds the record for being my longest to date. 24 days, 8100 miles or so.

Here are a few of the pictures we took. These are the only ones I have quick access to, since I'm not at home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cabot2.jpg (46.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Cabot3.jpg (65.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Tracy-Cabot1.jpg (37.0 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by G-Rex; 12-19-2008 at 08:44 AM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Some of us are busy with; The Evangeline Trail, The Marine Drive, The Gloosecap Trail, The Lighthouse Route etc..

Each one of these little symbols/boxes is a scenic coastal road pretty close to the likes of the cabot trail. And they're a lot closer. lol

Order a tour guide, they're free.. http://www.motorcycletourguidens.com/

Last edited by Tmall; 12-19-2008 at 08:53 AM..
Old 12-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Some of us are busy with; The Evangeline Trail, The Marine Drive, The Gloosecap Trail, The Lighthouse Route etc..

Each one of these little symbols/boxes is a scenic coastal road pretty close to the likes of the cabot trail. And they're a lot closer. lol

Order a tour guide, they're free.. http://www.motorcycletourguidens.com/

Oh, more places to go! Awesome!

I've ridden several of those areas already. Yarmouth, South Shore, Northumberland Shore, and obviously Cape Breton Island.

Nova Scotia is up there in my top 2 or 3 of places I've ever ridden. Absolutely amazing.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Gorgeous. Your Buell will love you after that ride.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Gorgeous. Your Buell will love you after that ride.
I won't like her unfortunately. She makes my body hurt.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Oh, more places to go! Awesome!

I've ridden several of those areas already. Yarmouth, South Shore, Northumberland Shore, and obviously Cape Breton Island.

Nova Scotia is up there in my top 2 or 3 of places I've ever ridden. Absolutely amazing.
How far spread out are the small towns/gas stations?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
How far spread out are the small towns/gas stations?
In Cape Breton?

Well, it's been 2-1/2 years since I was there, but my recollection is that there was plenty of fuel available. I usually like to fill up the Busa around 175, but I can push to 220 if I have to on the reserve, and I don't recall ever being in a position where I was sweating running out. If you can make 100 miles between gas stops, I'd say you'll be just fine.

I've only had to invade my reserve against my will once, and that was in British Columbia. Leaving Prince George, BC heading for Calgary, I pushed 215 before I found a gas station that wasn't even on my GPS. This place was a little hole in the wall joint.

It is pretty disconcerting when you're beyond the 50% range on the tank and the GPS says the closest fuel is where you just came from.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
In Cape Breton?

Well, it's been 2-1/2 years since I was there, but my recollection is that there was plenty of fuel available. I usually like to fill up the Busa around 175, but I can push to 220 if I have to on the reserve, and I don't recall ever being in a position where I was sweating running out. If you can make 100 miles between gas stops, I'd say you'll be just fine.

I've only had to invade my reserve against my will once, and that was in British Columbia. Leaving Prince George, BC heading for Calgary, I pushed 215 before I found a gas station that wasn't even on my GPS. This place was a little hole in the wall joint.

It is pretty disconcerting when you're beyond the 50% range on the tank and the GPS says the closest fuel is where you just came from.

It's even more disconcerting when you only get about 110 miles before the reserve light comes on. That's my biggest fear about this whole trip.

Even found a nice motorcycle theme B&B for $75 a night..
Old 12-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
It's even more disconcerting when you only get about 110 miles before the reserve light comes on. That's my biggest fear about this whole trip.

Even found a nice motorcycle theme B&B for $75 a night..
The one time I did a trip on my TLR, I rode to Florida from Oklahoma City. It averages about 120 before the reserve light comes on, so believe me, I know what you're saying there. I was stopping almost every time I passed a gas station just to be on the safe side.