Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600
Default Most Memorable Christmas or other related holiday?

So I want to hear about the best or most memorable Christmas/related holiday you have ever had and why. I'll start:

I was MAYBE 4 years old. My mom and I were on our own, in a crappy trailer, living in hiding from my dna donor dad, having to move every few months when he'd find us. Mom had a hard time finding work with us moving so much, so we didnt really have any money, we couldnt even turn on the heat so we used a kerosene heater and blankets to stay warm.

We spent Christmas Eve bundled up watching reruns of the Johnny Carson show (FTW). Christmas morning I woke up to see that "Santa" had brought me a lifesize baby doll (weighed more than I did) and a little table with 4 little chairs. Obviously I know now who Santa is, which makes that Christmas all the better for me, not because of the gifts, but because of the sacrifice I know she had to do to make that Christmas special for me.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

"I was MAYBE 4 years old".

Sorry, had to.

I don't have any great ones, we were a boring family. Most Christmas eves were spent at church.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
"I was MAYBE 4 years old".

Sorry, had to.

I don't have any great ones, we were a boring family. Most Christmas eves were spent at church.
Im one of those creepy people that can remember things almost from the time I was born, but I couldnt tell you what I had for lunch yesterday.

Come on folks, you can do better!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

OK, after I got older, we didn't go to church on Christmas eve, we waited for dad to pass out so I could share some egg nog with my mom.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

One year some dude came to our house with a trash bag full of presents for all of us. I remember my dad kept asking him to tell us who had bought all of them and the guy kept refusing to tell us. I still have no idea who it was, and I'm not sure my parents ever found out either. I never bring it up because I think my dad was a little embarrased that someone thought we needed gifts that badly. Guilt free Christmas FTW!!

The second Christmas my husband and I were married, it was our first year in Austin and my family was all coming to our place on Christmas Eve. I was making cookies in a rush and realized that I didn't have enough eggs. So I called Daniel and asked him to stop at Walgreens(the onyl place open because it was pretty late) and pick me up some on his way home from work.

Well, he got the last carton of 6 and 3 of the eggs were broken, but I only needed two.

The next morning we were getting up early to go somewhere and he brought me my stocking. We hadn't bought each other presents and I assumed our stockings were empty(just up for show).

While at Walgreens he had gotten me some Sour Patch Straws, a Milky Way Midnight and a pink Scotch Tape dispenser(two of my favorite candies and I have an obsession with scotch tape) I guess it was the surprise of it, but I have never been more happy over a Christmas present in my life.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Im one of those creepy people
You scare me
Old 12-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

most memorable? 2005, baghdad. my squad leader, "nasty" nate nyren. the man who took me to the e5 promotion board died in a car crash. some fuckhead national decided it would be a really good idea to blow through a fourway in his toyota crown at about a buck thirty. caught the tail of his hummer and started it flipping in the air. doors came off and he got ejected into the ground. i try not to think about it too much but at least once a year i end up back there
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
Rider
Moto GP Star

My most memorable was when I was 16, my parents bought me a Camaro Z28 for Christmas. Oh and when I was 6 my aunt bought me a 22 rifle. My aunt owned a gun range so I because familiar with guns at an early age. The other Christmases were just normal really.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote