Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.
Default Nothing like a murder on your block to make you feel not safe...

Holy crap its like being in Detroit all over again. Except its not the ghetto. I could walk to this guys apartment in under 2 minutes, literally. Ugh. I'm telling myself that murderers will stay as far away from the crime scene as possible and that it was probably someone he knew.

Man found dead with gunshot wound

MESA, AZ – Police are investigating the suspected murder of a 62-year-old man in the East Valley.

Sergeant Ed Wessing with the Mesa Police Department said the body of Donald Kennedy was discovered inside his apartment near Dobson Road and Southern Avenue.

At about 9:15 a.m. Monday, a friend of the victim went to his apartment and knocked on the door. Wessing said when Kennedy didn't answer, she noticed the door was unlocked and entered the apartment to find his body inside.

He had been shot, according to Wessing.

Investigators believe that Kennedy's white 2000, 4-door Mitsubishi Mirage, with license plate ACZ2981 is missing from the complex.

No other information has been released at this time, but Wessing confirmed that this is being investigated as a homicide.

Anyone with information about this murder or the location of Kennedy's vehicle is urged to call the Mesa Police Department at 480-644-2211, or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.

Revisit ABC15.com for the latest information as it becomes available.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I grew up in Detroit, so I was raised on the watch your back principle. So watch your back at all times. Stay aware of your surroundings and be alert. It does not hurt to be packing some sort of self protection as well.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

wow. close,eh?

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

damn, a murder in my very small town is rare, and about a year ago, we had a triple murder, guy just recently plead guilty, and just today the police are digging up on a mountain for the body of another guy they think he killed....crazy shit for around here

this same guy has already been in prison for killing a cop in philidelphia, but got out due to some technicality

heres some of the story

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...ife-sentences/

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Last edited by Yamerhaw; 06-22-2009 at 10:07 PM..
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
I grew up in Detroit, so I was raised on the watch your back principle. So watch your back at all times. Stay aware of your surroundings and be alert. It does not hurt to be packing some sort of self protection as well.
Me too, well LA, Chicago, Detroit and then Grand Rapids. Yea you always watch your back an if you're smart you're careful of who you associate with. No offense to this guy but almost every time I hear a story like this, it turns out to be some hooker or teenager the old guy was messing with.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Quote:
Yeah, me too. Thankfully in my townhouse complex the neighbors are all very observant and watch out for eachother. There's a shit ton of old people who live here, a well as families with kids, so, that could be why.

But I don't get how me having condoms with me will help? Seriously though, pepper spray is about all I've got ATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
wow. close,eh?
Really SUPER close. Yuck

Yamerhaw, you did NOT help me with your story. Here's how this needs to go kids, "Don't sweat it 2up, he/she won't be back in your area. In fact, he/she is way across the border and deep into Mexico by now!!"
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Buy a gun. Get proficient with it. Get a concealed permit.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #8
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
I like the way you think! and I'll add never leave home without it!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #9
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Quote:
Quote:
I like the way you think! and I'll add never leave home without it!

You are SO not following the rules!!

I hear you though. Its not in the budget at the moment, however. Still playing catch up from being out of work for 5 months, plus, the whole company just took a 10% paycut two weeks ago.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

My hometown used to be the friendliest city in the nation...now it's the 9th most dangerous. WTF? I've lived on the shady side of town and seen alot of crime, but never thought the city as a whole was that bad...now I'm glad I moved. My ex says it's gone to hell in a handbasket the last couple of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote