Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Oh Yea? Well Can You Do This With An X-Box, Puntas?

Talk about RROD!!!!

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...m-ps3s/1387199
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

this is a big part of why i love sony as a company. you know they were offering PS3 clusters for commercial use right after launch? hardware co > software co. microsoft should give up and go back to what its marginally good at. maybe that would give SEGA the nuts to jump back in the ring
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Yes, you can do it with an Xbox...

Or perhaps a PS2...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Tigger is just a fanboy. Why ruin that for him?
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
this is a big part of why i love sony as a company. you know they were offering PS3 clusters for commercial use right after launch? hardware co > software co. microsoft should give up and go back to what its marginally good at. maybe that would give SEGA the nuts to jump back in the ring
Meh, both have their pros and cons. The original Xbox was far superior to the PS2... and I was a PS2 guy. Xbox 360's have the RROD - which granted is probably the most significant hardware fault in video game history, but Sony's track record isn't perfect. PS2's are a good example... they used the cheapest lasers they could get their hands on and they failed left and right. Trust me, I've repaired 100+ PS2's and 99% of them were laser failures. Out of the dozen or so Xbox's I've repaired, no one problem has been consistent though I've done a few with botched softmods...

That said, I own an Xbox 360. As far as the console wars are concerned, even beyond RROD issues the PS3 is the superior machine. I expect the tables will turn for the next gen systems depending on each companies marketing strategy. Either be the first one out with a new shiney system... or continue developing technology after your competitors launch and fire back with a superior system. Both companies have tried it both ways... let's see where their stomach is the next time around.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Didn't they do this with the PS2 at some point?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #7
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Didn't they do this with the PS2 at some point?
You're three posts behind chief.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I'd like to upgrade from my N64 one of these days.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Tigger is just a fanboy. Why ruin that for him?
You know I'm mostly just fucking around! I thought that the article was interesting and quite frankly, I'm a little amazed that you can do that and get a computer with that capacity, for that cost, that is that energy efficient.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Meh, both have their pros and cons. The original Xbox was far superior to the PS2... and I was a PS2 guy. Xbox 360's have the RROD - which granted is probably the most significant hardware fault in video game history, but Sony's track record isn't perfect. PS2's are a good example... they used the cheapest lasers they could get their hands on and they failed left and right. Trust me, I've repaired 100+ PS2's and 99% of them were laser failures. Out of the dozen or so Xbox's I've repaired, no one problem has been consistent though I've done a few with botched softmods...

That said, I own an Xbox 360. As far as the console wars are concerned, even beyond RROD issues the PS3 is the superior machine. I expect the tables will turn for the next gen systems depending on each companies marketing strategy. Either be the first one out with a new shiney system... or continue developing technology after your competitors launch and fire back with a superior system. Both companies have tried it both ways... let's see where their stomach is the next time around.
Me too! I traded in a PS2, about 40 PS2 games, wireless controllers, steering wheels, etc to get my XBox 360 only to have it RROD in about 2 months!!!