Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

So, when are you picking up the new one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
For a new set of plastics I'm looking at almost 5k, not icluding the tank. I would have to fix and repaint both sidepanels, the tail and the tank. To get it lookin good, I'd have to pay someone rather than do a rattlecan job. Figure $1500. Both Akcr cans are dented and the exit bends on the header pipes scraped; replace the cans, $450 a pop, and sand/polish the headers. Add a clipon and controls for th RH side, plus sundry stuff and anothy $300 is gone. Sooooo, without my labor I'm looking at $2800-3000 plus the cost of the bike, and when I'm all done, I've still got a bike with a rebuilt title.

Guess I answered my own question, eh?
If you do the prep work yourself, you should be able to get the paint shot much, much cheaper.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #13
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

just based off those figures, I'm going to say its not worth the money for you to buy it. now, if you had all the extra stuff just SITTING there in your garage, shop, wherever you work on bikes, sure, itd be a decent deal.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #14
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Here's what I thought of the Aprilia. Last year Aprilia had their semi come to Denver with a bunch of demo rides. I did a half-hour ride on both the Tuono Factory and Mille Factory. I was severely disappointed. In the city, the Tuono stumbled leaving every traffic light. Maybe the bike wasn't prepped for the altitude, but it's fuel injected. Even on the highway, the riding position sucked and the mirrors were useless on both bikes.

After I had read how Cycle World had gushed over the Tuono, I expected a lot. And I thought the Tuono would be comfortable compared to the Mille. It wasn't. I rode down there on my 79 GS1000, expecting the Aprilias to be light-years better than my old bike. The brakes certainly were. And on a race track they would crush my bike. But I ride streets and back roads, and I was glad to ride my bike home.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote