Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #11
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
There's a combination Application Center and Application Store coming out. There's the framework for it right now already on your Storm. If you go to your Applications folder, there should be an icon for the Application Center. If you do an update, it's pretty much just the basic Myspace, Facebook, Visual Voicemail, and some other shit. Sometime around March they're going to expand it to something along the lines of the Apple app center and start offering applications through the app center on the phone as well as an app center type program on your computer. The info has been limited, but they're talking about something very similar to the Apple Center, with far less restrictions on who can develop the apps. They're also hyping up that there will be some kind of big thing that will set it apart from the competition, but until I see firm details, that's nothing more than marketing hype to me. The rumored date that it goes live is somewhere around March or April.
Awesome. I am going to nominate you as the official TWF Blackberry representative. Thank you for all of your help!

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #12
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Awesome. I am going to nominate you as the official TWF Blackberry representative. Thank you for all of your help!
I'm sure there are others who know a hell of a lot more than I do, but I'm more than happy to help where I can.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 AM   #13
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I've been seriously considering exchanging my Blackjack for one of the Blackberrys. The Storm sounds awesome. Hopefully it will be in my budget when I'm able to get another phone (hopefully before the rally).

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

The storm is a tempermental device, all the positives Corey has had with his OS upgrading, I have had the exact opposite when I updated mine to the leaked OS. Battery life is very poor with mine no matter what I do, I am thinking of going exchange it, but the lack of bugs compared to a lot of people on crackberry with the official OS has kept me from doing that. I can live with charging every night if my phone isn't buggy. It's a hit or miss device, either you really like it or you hate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The storm is a tempermental device, all the positives Corey has had with his OS upgrading, I have had the exact opposite when I updated mine to the leaked OS. Battery life is very poor with mine no matter what I do, I am thinking of going exchange it, but the lack of bugs compared to a lot of people on crackberry with the official OS has kept me from doing that. I can live with charging every night if my phone isn't buggy. It's a hit or miss device, either you really like it or you hate it.
Have you given .99 a shot? It's looking like it's a little on the temperamental side for some. I'm holding at .90 for now because it's been solid on my phone so far, and the *228 thing seems to have cleared up some of the weaker signal strength.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote