Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #21
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

I wont say I was a control freak before my biggest accident, but I know my mentality changed a LOT after coming off the bike at over a mile a minute and cartwheeling into a ditch.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #22
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
JMHO...I will qualify everything I say here with the following...I am not a professional, I have little formal education in psych,: I am just an olde guye who's been around the block.....

That being said: How long do you want this "stage" to last? I have found that we do things for a reason. As long as you aren't under the influence of pain meds, there is a pretty good chance that you are normal.

Life changing events are just that: life changing. There's nothing like confronting your own mortality to put a new perspective on things, and there's nothing like being plowed under by 4000 lbs of steel to be classified as "life changing".

I don't know you, but in my experience, surviving things like this can make us better people....mebbe give us more empathy for others, as well as shake up long-held beliefs.....in both ourselves and in what is REALLY important:
Family, relationships, basic principles (truth, justice and the American way) , that make the minor stuff seem more like just what it is...minor.

Some of this feeling will fade over time, but there is a pretty good chance that you will discover more of what is really important to you........

.....but then, what do I know?
Bingo.... I second this!!! Perhaps it's not apathy you are feeling towards things you thought were important, but those things just really aren't all that important in comparison to what could have been.

We waste so much time on stuff. Stress out about little, insignificant things. In the end, what good does it offer us.

Enjoy the experience. Love the people around you and appreciate what you do have.

If we all did that, I think we'd be happier people.

Anyway Glad you are healing.

"Life isn't about the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away" - (quote from a CF's patient's obit, always makes me think)
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote