Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
asdgirl
Canyon Carver

Moto: 70cc Zuma

Picking the CLASS you will ride in is most important. If you have any desire to win any of the rally/races OR accumulating the most points throughout the season....you need to pick a Class where you can do the most good...AND show up and ride every rally/race.

There are only Five Classes to ride in 09 for points and trophies. There is ONE class for those not concerned with points and trophies.

Class A. This class is 50cc TWO STROKE air cooled automatic transmission SCOOTERS that appear to be SHOWROOM STOCK. These scooters must look stock like the day they were sold new. You CAN modify the engine and trans IF those mods are not visible to a VISIBLE inspection. You can change the paint color...the handgrips and the tires. Big carbs....aftermarket pipes....and better brake calipers can be SEEN and are not legal in this class.

Class B is MODIFIED 50cc TWO STROKE air cooled...automatic transmission SCOOTERS. In this class every modification that you can think of is legal EXCEPT changing the rim diameter. "Modification" means to modify the STOCK parts. No motor swaps....no fork swaps....no frame swaps. You must modify the stock parts.

Class C is SHOWROOM STOCK WATER COOLED 50CC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SCOOTERS. Same rules as Class A apply. WATER TRAPS are legal....as they do nothing to increase performance.

Class D is MODIFIED 50cc WATER COOLED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SCOOTERS. Same rules apply as Class B

Class E FOUR STROKE 125cc Showroom stock automatic transmission scooters. No mods allowed at all.

Non competing scooters Class F. ANY scooter up to 150cc.
This class will be timed in each section....but will not earn points or trophies.

----

And there is a FrankenZuma competing (belongs to the creator of the races). My husband just called and said he rode it --- 46MPH UPHILL, and I think he said 56 downhill.... and it has a backup camera (in lieu of mirrors). Wow!!!! So yeah, freak-bikes and 70cc+ are accepted

Last edited by asdgirl; 04-13-2009 at 04:42 PM..
asdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #12
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdgirl View Post
The college is basically in downtown Dahlonega

Yep, lots of bikers (of the non motorized kind) use them thar hills for practice/competition, etc.

I was just realizing we are having our first FIFTY-CC RACE of the year on Sunday. Any chance you will still be here on Sunday? It's a fucking riot. We all take our 50cc scooters and race them (and I do mean race, we hav stop watches and checkpoints and everything) up and down the mountain. Each month is a different place but I do believe the first one starts and ends on 129 !!!!
Shit...I booked a flight out at 10:30am since I figured I would want to get out as early as possible.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #13
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

This is where we are all staying...looks pretty sweet.

http://www.vrbo.com/3946
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Sweet. I'll actually be up in the mountains tommorow but will be camping on the Tallulah river just right across the NC border. Lawless land up there!!!

I would ride my motorcycle but to get to our camp site you have to take a 10mile super curvy gravel/dirt road. Plus I'll have my dog so that makes the motorcycle ride tougher. But I'll get some kayaking in along with some trout fishing!!!

I might do a hike up blood mountain if it isn't raining by the time I leave.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
asdgirl
Canyon Carver

Moto: 70cc Zuma

Very nice!!! You're like 5 miles from my place! Never seen that place but I wouldn't mind living there, LOL

Hope ya have a good time! I'll be in Lawrenceville all day tomorrow so I won't get to meet you . My husband is sick so I'm going to spend the day with some family
asdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote