Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #41
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
If you're in the middle of a SoCal summer maybe, but in the late fall or spring I don't see the issue unless they are an experienced track rider. But someone who's only on his 3rd or 4th trackday isn't really going to be tearing it up.
Yeah sure...if the day is cool no problem.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
If you're in the middle of a SoCal summer maybe, but in the late fall or spring I don't see the issue unless they are an experienced track rider. But someone who's only on his 3rd or 4th trackday isn't really going to be tearing it up.
You're probably right but I posted a deal for Michelin Power Race tires with 1) Front and 3) rears for about $400 shipped. Your problem was guys spending too much money right? If you can get the "best" for the same cash, why not?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #43
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You're probably right but I posted a deal for Michelin Power Race tires with 1) Front and 3) rears for about $400 shipped. Your problem was guys spending too much money right? If you can get the "best" for the same cash, why not?
Those aren't the PRC front and the triple compound rear..that deal was for the old Power Races, which weren't all that great as compared to the PRC/003/D209/D211.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Those aren't the PRC front and the triple compound rear..that deal was for the old Power Races, which weren't all that great as compared to the PRC/003/D209/D211.
It was a PRC front but I'm not sure about the rear, you're probably right but WTF now the tires aren't GOOD enough for the trackday guys? Yeesh dude, they have to be as good or better on the track as the 2CTs... Ok I give up you win. The latest and greatest rubber is TOO good and last year's rubber isn't good enough.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #45
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
It was a PRC front but I'm not sure about the rear, you're probably right but WTF now the tires aren't GOOD enough for the trackday guys? Yeesh dude, they have to be as good or better on the track as the 2CTs... Ok I give up you win. The latest and greatest rubber is TOO good and last year's rubber isn't good enough.
The rear doesn't matter..but I'm telling you the PRC is a HELLA front tire. Feel and stickiness on the front brakes is hard to match...prolly the BEST DOT front race tire out there, but it doesn't last all too long (2 days maybe).

Dude its really not too much a matter of grip nowadays, moreso a matter of longevity. The BT003 will last me 2 trackdays at a mid B pack group pace whereas the old Michielins would last me 1 day and the new D211s last about 3-4 days.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #46
shmike
Follower

Quote:
It was a GREAT deal.

It was a PRC front and you could get the PR3 rears.

That is the exact combo that a number of guys (including myself for a while) use as RACE tires. Don't be fooled by 101's ignorance, those are top notch buns.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
It was a GREAT deal.

It was a PRC front and you could get the PR3 rears.

That is the exact combo that a number of guys (including myself for a while) use as RACE tires. Don't be fooled by 101's ignorance, those are top notch buns.
Thankyou! Yeesh, I'm not a Michelin guy myself but that was a SMOKIN' FUCKING DEAL! I mean you can't buy 4 Tomahawk tires for that money. Anyone, that does primarily track days should be all over that deal IMHO!