Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 AM   #51
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The best concert???

Monsters of Rock with Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, and Kingdom Come.
I really wanted to see that! I saw most of one of the shows on MTV. It was the one they had the Van Halen contest for.

Kingdom Come is/was a fucking awesome band, even if they caught hell because they sounded like Led Zepplin. I even have their CD still.

Best performance from a band....I give that to ZZ Top. I got to see them twice back in the 80's and they put on a helluva show.

I saw Kiss for their Hot In The Shade tour when Winger and Slaughter was the opening acts. I wasn't impressed with Kiss at all.

I missed seeing Ozzy several years ago when he was supposed to play in Shreveport. I had front row tickets and had to get my money back since he slipped in the shower and broke his hip the day of the show. I really want to see him before he dies/retires....again.

The one band that stands out from all the ones I've seen is Dokken. I saw them a few years ago with Firehouse, LA Guns, Warrant, and Ratt. Don was pushing 50 years old then, still drinking like a fish and chain smoking onstage and he could still wail as good as he did when back in his much younger years. They put on a helluva show for an hour set.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #52
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
I really wanted to see that! I saw most of one of the shows on MTV. It was the one they had the Van Halen contest for.

Kingdom Come is/was a fucking awesome band, even if they caught hell because they sounded like Led Zepplin. I even have their CD still.

Best performance from a band....I give that to ZZ Top. I got to see them twice back in the 80's and they put on a helluva show.

I saw Kiss for their Hot In The Shade tour when Winger and Slaughter was the opening acts. I wasn't impressed with Kiss at all.

I missed seeing Ozzy several years ago when he was supposed to play in Shreveport. I had front row tickets and had to get my money back since he slipped in the shower and broke his hip the day of the show. I really want to see him before he dies/retires....again.

The one band that stands out from all the ones I've seen is Dokken. I saw them a few years ago with Firehouse, LA Guns, Warrant, and Ratt. Don was pushing 50 years old then, still drinking like a fish and chain smoking onstage and he could still wail as good as he did when back in his much younger years. They put on a helluva show for an hour set.
never saw dokken, but everyone i know who had said they put on a boring show. They have a lot of good tracks you figure would be good live but I guess they werent.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #53
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I don't know about the best since I've seen quite a few through the years.

I've got three to go to coming up shortly...

ZZ Top and Aerosmith

Poison...Cheap Trick and Def Leppard

Cruefest with Godsmack...Theory of a Deadman and Motley Crue

The most fun I've had may have been when I saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers years ago at a ski resort...man we had a blast !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #54
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Metallica was good the times I saw them, Same with Godsmack, and Aerosmith, Todd Rundgren was great when I saw him in ~75, as was Zeppelin when I saw them.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #55
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Metallica was good the times I saw them, Same with Godsmack, and Aerosmith, Todd Rundgren was great when I saw him in ~75, as was Zeppelin when I saw them.
Metallica ...what I'm laughing at is I remember when my retired father took a part time job at a hotel several years back driving the shuttle van from the hotel to the airport and drove the band to the airport.

He came home and we were talking on the phone and he asked if I had ever heard of them and described them as nice young boys. I started laughing just thinking of him talking with them and can only imagine the conversation.

I showed him a video of theirs and he got a funny look on his face and couldn't believe they were the same people in his van.

Last edited by z06boy; 06-23-2009 at 02:47 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #56
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
never saw dokken, but everyone i know who had said they put on a boring show. They have a lot of good tracks you figure would be good live but I guess they werent.

Tom
I saw them at a rockfest type concert and the set was only an hour long.

I was more impressed with his ability to sing considering his age and his drinking and smoking habits.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote