Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Thats me right there! though the $12 hour jobs are hard to come by now since vegas is in the crapper.

I still can't find enough time to do everything! I just got an extension for 7 more months after being unemployed for 6, and then after that the Federal state benefits kick in.

What do i do all day long? I go out and play. Hang out at the parks, hiking, working out, rode when it was still cool enough, go away for the weekends, do a lot of stuff i wanted to do but couldn't due to time constraints of working and chores on the weekend.

I decided to get a 2nd degree. Always wanted to go back to school for nursing but between taking care of my dad and then paying bills after he passed, i didn't have the time.

So now its a lot of studying. Plus lots of extracurricular reading- everything under the sun. Making plans to start another business. When school ends next week, i'll have 3 weeks of free time before the fall semester, so i'll try to start learning a new language.

Though my expenses are low so i can live off unemployment, the only thing i don't have is extra money to travel more.

So much to do, so little time! I fee like i have been given the gift of time!

Enjoy your time off Fleck!

Hey, btw how much did your check go down when you got on the extended benefits? I'm coming up on that in 3 months and am wondering what I should do...

Oh and to the effect UE is going to have on any possible soc sec benefits... um, I've worked my entire life since I was 15 years old, not counting new paper routes, 50+ years by retirement age and you're saying that the gov't is going to penalize me for being on unemployment for 6 or so months? I'm sure that it just gets averaged into my pay in amount. Besides, Besides, who would lose $3/hour now to avoid losing $3 a month in 25 years?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #22
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey, btw how much did your check go down when you got on the extended benefits? I'm coming up on that in 3 months and am wondering what I should do...

none. I still get the full amount but for 130% of what my original amount was so this first time i got benefits for 22 weeks or so and this time it will be 28.6 weeks. after that the federal one kicks in at 13 weeks, same amount. So i am starting on the emergency unemployment benefits since its so bad here in vegas, and then after that would be the standard extension everyone will get which should be called the Federal state extension. It may vary from state to state depending on how bad it is.

Go call them, thats how i got the scoop, plus virtually everyone i know here that has been laid off is going on a year or more on benefits.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #23
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

I got singed up for benefits, went grocery shopping, cleaned out the spare room, did 2 loads of laundry, cooked dinner and went to Red Box for the free Monday movie.

Tomm. I'll take the can of Never Dull to my 30 year old motor. It might take awhile.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
none. I still get the full amount but for 130% of what my original amount was so this first time i got benefits for 22 weeks or so and this time it will be 28.6 weeks. after that the federal one kicks in at 13 weeks, same amount. So i am starting on the emergency unemployment benefits since its so bad here in vegas, and then after that would be the standard extension everyone will get which should be called the Federal state extension. It may vary from state to state depending on how bad it is.

Go call them, thats how i got the scoop, plus virtually everyone i know here that has been laid off is going on a year or more on benefits.
Sweet! That's good to know!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote