Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #31
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

It's so good to hear that AT&T finally getting around to un-crippling some of the BUILT-IN FEATURES of the iPhone. Maybe when they are done un-crippling ALL of them, and finally upgrading their network to handle even CURRENT demands, I'll get one.

More than likely, I'm waiting for Verizon to offer them, as AT&T is just smoking the big dick so far...on all fronts, from all that I've heard.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #32
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
More than likely, I'm waiting for Verizon to offer them, as AT&T is just smoking the big dick so far...on all fronts, from all that I've heard.
You know it's very odd that we are complaining about AT&T crippling phones and praising Verizon for uncrippled phones. Glad Verizon finally woke up to letting tech grow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #33
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You know it's very odd that we are complaining about AT&T crippling phones and praising Verizon for uncrippled phones. Glad Verizon finally woke up to letting tech grow.
Oh, no dude...don't put words in my mouth. I NEVER said Verizon doesn't cripple. They fucking invented that shit. They are MASTERFUL at locking EVERYTHING down and making it a pay service on their phones. They are true fucking evil.

The fact is, however, that they use lower freq. radio that penetrates better, and if they ever offered the iPhone, it would be 200% better running on their CDMA network (the iPhone has a CDMA decode chip onboard if memory serves, although stateside, it too is "crippled", as it is not needed). From what I understand, the 3G thing is better on their net too.

I'm not saying Verizon isn't evil...they're all devils...they just have beefier radios...and for me, the most important feature on a phone, is that I can make a fucking call. So far, AT&T can't even make it do that reliably.

Hearing about unlocked "built-in" features is uninspiring when the thing doesn't even really work on a most basic level yet.

I really fucking want one. I just want it to work.

Last edited by Avatard; 09-25-2009 at 04:00 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Oh, no dude...don't put words in my mouth. I NEVER said Verizon doesn't cripple. They fucking invented that shit. They are MASTERFUL at locking EVERYTHING down and making it a pay service on their phones. They are true fucking evil.

The fact is, however, that they use lower freq. radio that penetrates better, and if they ever offered the iPhone, it would be 200% better running on their CDMA network (the iPhone has a CDMA decode chip onboard if memory serves, although stateside, it too is "crippled", as it is not needed). From what I understand, the 3G thing is better on their net too.

I'm not saying Verizon isn't evil...they're all devils...they just have beefier radios...and for me, the most important feature on a phone, is that I can make a fucking call. So far, AT&T can't even make it do that reliably.

Hearing about unlocked "built-in" features is uninspiring when the thing doesn't even really work on a most basic level yet.

I really fucking want one. I just want it to work.
I think you misunderstood me. I know all about Verizon and CDMA/GSM. I am saying it's odd that we are discussing AT&T crippling phones when they have been well known for having some of the best uncrippled phones available and Verizon was always the one with the 5 year old phones just coming out that were crippled all to shit, but they had the better network. Verizon finally got their act together after whatever dipshit decided to pass on the iphone. That is definitely one of the biggest mistakes in past few years in the tech realm. Whoever that dude is better have gotten fired.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #35
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I prefer my blackberry over the Iphone...and I've used the Iphone on numerous occasions...The blackberry can do everything the Iphone can do...and I prefer the actual keyboard to the full touch the Iphone offers.

And As stated...I've been able to send picture messages for Eons...how is a phone thats worth so much money and capable of having every app in the world not able to send MMS?? Even if you think its not neccsarry it should be able to be done its just a nice feature to have...and ATT can blow my left nut...they are garbage for service...Been with verizon for 5+ years dont plan on going anywhere else...And even when they do get the Iphone (you know they will eventually) I still wont get one...I like my blackberry to much.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #36
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Well, if we analyze why they cripple, I think you'll find that Verizon does it to extort more money from you, and ATT does it to make up for having a crap network.

What a great choice, huh?

I just want a phone that works indoors. I can't believe that's still so much to ask from these clowns.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I prefer my blackberry over the Iphone...and I've used the Iphone on numerous occasions...The blackberry can do everything the Iphone can do...and I prefer the actual keyboard to the full touch the Iphone offers.

And As stated...I've been able to send picture messages for Eons...how is a phone thats worth so much money and capable of having every app in the world not able to send MMS?? Even if you think its not neccsarry it should be able to be done its just a nice feature to have...and ATT can blow my left nut...they are garbage for service...Been with verizon for 5+ years dont plan on going anywhere else...And even when they do get the Iphone (you know they will eventually) I still wont get one...I like my blackberry to much.
The iphone just has a much larger app library, which is really nice. Blackberry is finally starting to make up ground since they opened their own app store.

Quote:
Well, if we analyze why they cripple, I think you'll find that Verizon does it to extort more money from you, and ATT does it to make up for having a crap network.

What a great choice, huh?

I just want a phone that works indoors. I can't believe that's still so much to ask from these clowns.
Yeah, Verizon was bastards about extorting money out of you for every little thing. I remember the motorola I had years back, I had to crack it to be able to put ringtones/mp3's on it without going through the Verizon music store and be able to pull photos off without txt messaging. I can't believe they are releasing blackberrys fully unlocked with GPS open to any programmers/don't have to use verizon music store/wifi/tethering open to other programs. It just blows my mind they have reversed that much in recent years. I pretty much been on verizon my entire cell phone life because that is what all my family was on when I finally got one, so it was cheaper to go that route. It sucked to only have a choice of 5 year old tech when AT&T was getting all the cool phones first. Verizon gets some decent phones now finally, with the exception of the iphone.
Quote:
Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #38
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

It's fun sending pics of you balls to people you dont even know.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote