Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest

Old 04-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
byron12
cookie head

Moto: I now have cheap chinese pocket bike and a free non running kawasaki cruiser.
Default New House and a Free Bike

As some of you may know I sold my bike recently to save mone so my and my wife could buy a house. Well the house dreams are finally coming true and while we have not decided on the house we have the letter of approval. Funny enough I have never borrowed a penny in my life, never had a credit car, never bought a new car, however; just paying off my old hospital bills and my wifes penchant for clothes on credit we can afford a garage. As for the rest of the house shit I could care less I am only interested in my future shop.
Either way a friend had bought a non running kawaski 440 ltd and his girlfriend was none too happy so he wanted to sell it to me. I was extremely wasted one night when said friend called me and said he had someone willing to transport the bike to my house (this dude is in asheville). I agreed fortunatly this is the kind of friend that owes my sister money so when the bike showed up at my house with me having no recollection of this conversation he was more concerned with bike not coming back to his house that he just gave it to me. The bike has a freshly rebuilt never turned over motor and the wiring is a massed jumble of confusing electrical spaggetti. As it stands now I must rewire the bike if the engine was rebuilt properly then I must restore the extremly soft and saggy suspension, buy some tires, lube every thing up good and generally get it sorted out. I am working towards this goal but am making slow progress. I am not mechanically inclined but I don't want to pay someone to work on it if the engine was rebuilt improperly and it will never run. either way wish me luck I have photos to follow at some point I must borrow a camera from someone first.