Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Let's see... ONSSP and I were at Sear's at 4:15am... she bought me a TON of tools... We pissed around there until 5:15am and the opened the rest of the mall (she bought her mom an anklet).

From there we hit Radio Shack... bought myself some new earbuds and her an XM radio (get service for FREE through work - )...

Then it's kinda a blur... Messed around the mall for a couple more hours... bought some Harley calendars for the HD enthusiests in my family... She bought some boots and some perfume...

Hit WalMart around 8:45am... Not too bad. Got the Rubbermaid tupperware shit we wanted (30pc @ $7). The digital picture frame I wanted to get my mom was sold out of course. Girl at the checkout said this year was worse than last, but she only heard one fight... and that was from across the store. Nice.

Ran through CVS and got the lil' neice and nephew a cheapo Wii ripoff game thing... pretty cool for a 5 and a 2 year old. Home Depot only had the 100ct string of white Christmas lights for $0.99... not the multi-colored like the ad said... left empty-handed.

Went next door to Kohl's for a deep fryer that was sold out... upgraded to a wayyyy nicer one for $20 more (comparably after rebates). She bought some shirts for herself and one for her friend.

Came back home at 9am just in time to put an Acer Aspire One netbook in my cart on NewEgg.com right as it went on sale for $209, plus another $20 instant savings. Had a convulsing sphincter so I took a HUGE, but very quick crap immediately following. Went to proceed with the checkout less than 3 minutes later and the fuckin' thing was sold out. 9:04am, four minutes, and they sold all of 'em.

Pissed.

Since getting a netbook for ONSSP was my primary objective this year, I headed back out for that and this rockin' foot massager we saw earlier at Kohl's. Sharper Image, heated, really kickass... woulda been great for mom. Sold out at Kohl's and the lady who said she saw it at Bed Bath and Beyond... Of course, she didn't know what she was talking about because they never carried it. Fuck it...

Oh, did I mention I got pulled over on my way back out by a cool as cop who informed me that at 65 in a 45 would have been a $254 fine, but since he's a Statey, he doesn't care to give the county any more money cause the new fines are ridiculous. Thank you Sgt McKeown!

Anyway, on to Office Max to check netbooks. Got a parking spot right up front. No netbooks on sale. Walked all the way across the parking lot to Best Buy and didn't see the little Compaq number I saw advertised in the paper... Best Buy was a ZOO. Fucking people EVERYWHERE. Finally, I saw some guy with one of the Geek Squad guys and he was asking about the Compaq netbook... The line starts ------>>>>>>

The line moved pretty well. Got to the front in under 20 minutes and told the girl I wanted the $179 Compaq netboo.... Didn't even finish. A guy behind the counter grabs one from the back and points me to a checkout station. Bam. ONSSP has a netbook.

Best Buy was out of the digital picture frames as well, so it was time to go home. On my way I decided to take a minor detour to Staples to check for the digital picture frame. The guy said they had one, but the ad said the doorbusters ended at 10am. It was 10:45am. The manager was cool and hooked me up so I checked out some other stuff and ended up with a non-reduced wireless mouse (cause I've been without one on my HTPC for SOOOOOOOO long).

Back home by 11am and this netbook thing is REALLY cool. Runs 1080p video no problem. My fucking desktop gets all pissed off, but this lil' squirt works like a champ. Diggin' it!
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote