Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #31
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Do you have a local bike show you can go to? I found the best deals at the spring bicycle show.
Yep. Been to 4 of them now to ride various bikes/brands as each carry something a little different whether it be the same brand but different model or completely different brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i miss my cannondale
This is what I'm leaning toward right now as it feels the best. I have to wonder if it feels the best because whomever put it together just happened to have adjustments made that feel good to me. Where if adjust another brand or bike, maybe it will feel just as good or better. Then again maybe it never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Go to a shop, get fitted, then leave and shop craigslist. Bike shop prices are pretty much ripoff, even for used bikes.
I've been looking but no luck.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #32
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Go to a shop, get fitted, then leave and shop craigslist. Bike shop prices are pretty much ripoff, even for used bikes.

I'm not sure how that would help. I bought all of our bikes at a local shop, scored great deals on all, and all were fitted to us.
roughly 15-20 minutes on a little bike trainer with shop owner adjusting the bike to your body.
once you and a bike are fitted it wouldn't do any good to shop CL because you would still have to "fit" a bike you would purchase.
other than to have them tell you what frame size to look for, the other adjustments would still need to be done.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

No, not have the bike fitted. Be measured and told what size is right for you. That is what we mean by getting fitted.

Riding a bike and it "feeling good" < right size/fit.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #34
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Knowing the right size based on your measurements is great, but having a pro make all the adjustments to the seat and bars is also a really great thing. I got a workup done about 10 years ago at Eric Heiden's sports medicine clinic when he was in Sacramento, and I still use those measurements to set up all of my bikes now.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #35
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No, not have the bike fitted. Be measured and told what size is right for you. That is what we mean by getting fitted.

Riding a bike and it "feeling good" < right size/fit.
ah I see. There is a lot more to it then just getting the right frame size though. Like above, we had the bikes adjusted to us specifically. of course that was after getting the right size frame first.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote