Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 04-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

I read on another forum that NSS is fucked up with the new snakes, etc.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

It takes about 10 min I bet it took just as long to tape everything off!

and I just noticed that you didn't even unplug your headlights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #13
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
It takes about 10 min I bet it took just as long to tape everything off!

and I just noticed that you didn't even unplug your headlights...
Have you ever known Drewpy to be anything other than insanely lazy?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Have you ever known Drewpy to be anything other than insanely lazy?
True, Guess I should be surprised he actually WENT to the track day huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #15
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Well considering his first post in this thread was a fail....

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #16
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

OK, i have a little bit of time, lets do a proper write up:

The trackday was a bit of a shitty time for me from the start, i am used to under the lights events and was not ready to be there at 6am like the rest of the crowd, to be honest i was still in bed when the gates open, i thought they opened at 9 and riders meeting was shortly there after, wrong. the riders meeting was at 8 and the first group went out at 9, so when i pulled up the riders meeting was about half over, not good

I had a new set of pilot powers and a set of lydell gold pads put on the day before, more on that later, what i failed to do was change out the coolant, but knew it was going to be an issue so i brought a thing of water wetter and two gallons of distilled water.

put tape on the mirrors, headlights and rear passenger pegs and went to tech, passed, put the sticker on and then as he was walking away, he asked what was in it... i confesed what ever the factory put in to it.... he quikly tore the sticker off and i was off to the pits to change the fluid, it took all of 10 mins with the help of thumper, dude is a rockstar seriously...

went back to tech and sat till the riders came back and teched my bike, so at this time i had missed two sessions and there was one more session before lunch and then the afternoon sessions started up.

Buell vs RC51... Nashville style

there were tar snakes everywhere, the entire track seemed to have just been tarred like 30 mins before we got there it seemed like, to hold the proper line you would cross like four snakes and they were not forgiving at all.

first off, i dont care how hard you ride on the street its not nearly enough to get comfy with it at track speeds, my first session i was a back marker, blew every corner by not being used to the buell brakes, which for the first session sucked so bad i thought i was going to die, I have never had a faster entry speed before and it was only cause i couldnt slow down fast enough!

the second session went better but i was still considerably uncomfortable on this new beast, i wasnt as much of a back marker, more of a pest for ppl to go around but it was getting more comfortable towards the end, buell engine was deceptivaly quick, and quite

third session was were things started to click, i got behind some riders that i was actually faster then and made some good passes coming off of 1 into 2 late on the brakes and just turning in to make the tightleft.

the best part of the bike was short shifting into the long left and just giving it gas all the way to the transition to the nascar oval without shifting until 5th then 6th on the oval, i think i saw 140mph a few times ':\

fourth session was spent playing tag with thumper and his sumo, he was quicker then me in the infield, but i would catch back up in the straights, i didnt pass him, but i would of, i just enjoyed watching him throw the sumo around too much to bother for a few laps, once we hit traffic he was better at passing so he took off and i stayed back, stuck in traffic, it was fun to pull a new zx10 on the infield and onto the front straight, but god it took forever to get the drive right to pull that off, was stuck behind him for 3-4 laps

I got used to the brakes or they seemed to perform better as the day went on, i had one guy crash infront of me, and i went off the track once when i hit a false neutral during a transition on the back straight from the oval to the infield, i was fine and the bike stayed up right, but it was the last session so i pulled her in and called it a day, in teh end, i had to ride the bitch back home so no reason to push it.

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #17
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

WTF would you take Lyndall Gold pads to the track??? You can't possibly tell me you haven't read on various Buell forums that they are NOT for track use.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #18
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Good write up.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #19
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
WTF would you take Lyndall Gold pads to the track??? You can't possibly tell me you haven't read on various Buell forums that they are NOT for track use.
Due to current financial state, they were better then stockers and I had to make a choice run the lydells on the track once and the rest on the street or put track pads on use them once and suffer the times I am on the road, while it was not ideal either way I chose the right choice I think

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #20
Thumper996
VTwins and One Lungs rule

Moto: Turning wrenches on my rides

Good write up. It was a blast, most of the time i preferred the little 450 Sumo over the 950 Sumo.

Passing sport bikes in the infield and hauling a$$ in Nascar 3 and 4 to outrun the guy you just passed so he can't chase you down in the straight. Fear factor of laying a Sumo down in a turn is not the same as a sport bike. No real plastic to worry about cracking or scratching. i have flipped it down hills in the woods a many a time in the past.

Can't wait till August 13th (Friday by the way) to run again at NSS under the lights.

Already bought and paid for event.
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote