Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #41
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

fuck that! man up(err woman up) and RIDE! I've got the hotel... you guys get the tickets and your way down.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #42
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
fuck that! man up(err woman up) and RIDE! I've got the hotel... you guys get the tickets and your way down.
i didn't even stay awake for when we drove down there.... I slept 80% of the way.... Doubt we would ride.. I would have to stop every hour to strecth.... and then every other to pee.... And I think you would like having us rooming with you....
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

nope... 1 i'm room'n with Rae... you guys get OSP.

2. I sleep on any car trip over an hour.... but when I'm driving I can drive 30 hrs and be fine. (I'm like death warmed over the next day though)

3. you can stop every 2hrs to stretch when you get gas and piss then!

just use the summer to build up your seat time. you'll probably be able to ride 2x as far as I will when I show up in Sept.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #44
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
Nascar is a joke...sad thing is, it is the biggest thing in the country.
Marketing, marketing, marketing.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #45
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Marketing, marketing, marketing.
That is the ONLY reason Nascar buying AMA is a good thing....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #46
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
That is the ONLY reason Nascar buying AMA is a good thing....
I don't know, I'm not sure that the standardized equipment rules aren't a good thing.

They're a double edged sword. On one hand, the racing should be better, instead of Mladin/Spies and company running away and making it a battle for third. But with the new rules it might slow down bike development, which may or may not be a bad thing, privateers having to buy a new bike every two years to stay competitive has to be a pain in the ass.

I think the biggest drawback might be spec tires. Which would slow down tire development. Unfortunately I don't see how the rules changes will make a big difference without a spec tire. Without a spec tire AMA Superbike would be a lot like MotoGP, the team with the best tires wins.

I guess we'll just wait and see.
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I think it will be better for the privateers... and a slow in bike development wouldn't be a bad thing... just think.. your bike not being obsolete in 2 years!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #48
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
I don't know, I'm not sure that the standardized equipment rules aren't a good thing.

They're a double edged sword. On one hand, the racing should be better, instead of Mladin/Spies and company running away and making it a battle for third. But with the new rules it might slow down bike development, which may or may not be a bad thing, privateers having to buy a new bike every two years to stay competitive has to be a pain in the ass.

I think the biggest drawback might be spec tires. Which would slow down tire development. Unfortunately I don't see how the rules changes will make a big difference without a spec tire. Without a spec tire AMA Superbike would be a lot like MotoGP, the team with the best tires wins.

I guess we'll just wait and see.
I think there will always be some crack in the rules that someone will try to eek through But, I don't think development will change any.

I just recall an article that Jordan was quoted stating he can spend millions and still not get the parts Mladin and Spies have because Suzuki doesn't make the parts available.... so, it really isn't about money, it's all about machine.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #49
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think there will always be some crack in the rules that someone will try to eek through But, I don't think development will change any.

I just recall an article that Jordan was quoted stating he can spend millions and still not get the parts Mladin and Spies have because Suzuki doesn't make the parts available.... so, it really isn't about money, it's all about machine.
That is exactly right, currently Suzuki is only required to offer the parts for sale, so when a privateer tries to buy them, they are on backorder or out of stock for an indeterminate amount of time. It used to be that other tuner companies could keep up with engine development, but now the only company that seems even remotely capable is KWS. (I literally laughed my ass off when the KWS prepped bikes WALKED Mladin on the banking two years ago at Daytona, and laughed even harder when he bitched about it)

Hopefully with these new rules it wont be about the bike, or the money, or the tires, it will be about the RIDER! (Which unfortunately may blow Mladin's already astronomical ego to unheard of Biaggi-like proportions!)
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote