Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I remember we had to run a timed mile every year, do a certain amount of sit-ups and pull-ups, stretch, etc and if you did it you got the presidential physical fitness award.
In HS the football team was required by the head coach to run the mil in 5:15 for backs a receivers and 5:55 for linemen or you didn't play.

I don't believe that the rest of out school had a requirement other than they had to have an hour of PE every day of the week for all 4 years of HS. After 10 grade though you could opt for weightlifting instead of regular PE though.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I remember we had to run a timed mile every year, do a certain amount of sit-ups and pull-ups, stretch, etc and if you did it you got the presidential physical fitness award.
I remember I qualified for the red one (which was crappier iirc) I also remember that due to BS mismanagement I never got the fucking thing
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #13
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
honestly...

good.

But realistically 30 mins of "exercise" for a kid might burn about 300 calories. How about you stop serving 1200 calorie meals?

Do you know how ridiculously easy it is just to NOT EAT UNTIL YOU EXPLODE.
I'm not sure it's the calorie intake amount, because when I was a kid I eat everything, but was a skinny as a rail. The problem is where these calories are coming from. As in the HFCS thread, there is alot of crap that we are dealing with today (HFCS, hormones in meat, pesiticides, carbs in everything) that the older generations did not have to deal with. This and the fact that kids sit behind a computer when they get home instead of playing outside.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote