Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
Are you referring to Allan's trip to Halifax? I know when he asked me to go and mentioned Peggy's Cove all I could think of was you saying that it's far from the best spot.

Anyway, keep them to yourself until I get around to making a trip down there.
Exactly what I was talking about. Peggy's cove is good when everybody is at work and you want a scenic ride. Any other time, it's RVs, old people, cops and heaps of gravel and dirt in the corners with very few safe passing lanes.

It's not a place to have fun if you're not familiar with it since the road is lined with rocks the size of cars. And everybody goes to the cove, and turns around. THE best section is the back side of the loop, you go out to it on the highway, come through the backside to avoid traffic. Once you hit the tourist section, you might as well be in a residential neighbourhood.

OH! You also get people stopped in blind corners taking pictures.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #22
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Good example.. Nice corner, usually full of gravel. Notice the rocks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtQL66nGH-k
Old 08-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #23
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

I got to go on a "Shizzy Tour" this weekend! Thanks for showing us Peggy's Cove Tmall!

Seriously though, we had a great time. The people you are referring to were really nice for the most part but tour guides they are not. They just plain don't know the local roads. Every second suggestion to get places involved taking the highway. At one point Allan told them "This would be like you coming to Moncton to ride, and us not knowing where Fundy Park is."

I'm still glad I got you to lead us in the way you mentioned above. If not, we would have went straight in the other way. This morning we headed to Windsor with them and while the road was nice, it was far from the roads you showed me back in May. Combine this with the group that met us Saturday morning and the frustrations they caused. People at the back of the pack who struggle in turns (Nothing wrong with that) and then randomly disappear to go find gas (Without telling anyone) after being too stunned to fuel up with the rest of us...That leaves me backtracking like a madman expecting to find them laying in a ditch. All this from a girl who was too much of a bad ass to even say Hello when we first met her...Alright, Rant over.

Did I mention it was still a great weekend overall? Good seeing you again Buddy!
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #24
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Good example.. Nice corner, usually full of gravel. Notice the rocks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtQL66nGH-k
I wouldn't even bother with that turn.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #25
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
I got to go on a "Shizzy Tour" this weekend! Thanks for showing us Peggy's Cove Tmall!

Seriously though, we had a great time. The people you are referring to were really nice for the most part but tour guides they are not. They just plain don't know the local roads. Every second suggestion to get places involved taking the highway. At one point Allan told them "This would be like you coming to Moncton to ride, and us not knowing where Fundy Park is."

I'm still glad I got you to lead us in the way you mentioned above. If not, we would have went straight in the other way. This morning we headed to Windsor with them and while the road was nice, it was far from the roads you showed me back in May. Combine this with the group that met us Saturday morning and the frustrations they caused. People at the back of the pack who struggle in turns (Nothing wrong with that) and then randomly disappear to go find gas (Without telling anyone) after being too stunned to fuel up with the rest of us...That leaves me backtracking like a madman expecting to find them laying in a ditch. All this from a girl who was too much of a bad ass to even say Hello when we first met her...Alright, Rant over.

Did I mention it was still a great weekend overall? Good seeing you again Buddy!
You have no idea how much it pained me to take you guys there! I even thought about this post when you asked me to lead you guys out.

Did you guys get to the look off?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #26
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
You have no idea how much it pained me to take you guys there! I even thought about this post when you asked me to lead you guys out.

Did you guys get to the look off?
Nope. I mentioned it and she seemed to vaguely remember hearing about it but only Tracy and I were really interested.

You should borrow Rob's bike, get your GF on the back and we'll all go out and do this right. Drive like pussies and explore some proper roads and destinations
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote