Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
South Florida is not the South. At all.
Marathon, not Miami

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #32
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Marathon, not Miami
Yeah - I have a pretty good idea of the geography down there. South Florida is not the South and the Keys are most certainly not. You damn Yankee.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #33
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Marathon, not Miami
Even farther south.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #34
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Even farther south.
Now you and I are smack dab in the South.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #35
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Now you and I are smack dab in the South.
Nah. I live ITP (literally in Atlanta for those not from here) so I might as well be in Boston or NYC
Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #36
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Nah. I live ITP (literally in Atlanta for those not from here) so I might as well be in Boston or NYC
Ahhh...thought you were OTP. Well, when yer out n bout in mah neck of the boonies, woncha come sit for a spell and have some of mah homebrew win ah make it?
Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #37
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
How did you like Raleigh/Durham vs Charlotte? We are looking more into Raleigh/Durham because there seems to be an arch of good schools from Winston-Salem to Raleigh. But I feel that Charlotte would offer more job opportunities for my GF (in something like Healthcare Admin).

Raleigh/Durham area while beautiful was the "high speed" area of NC. It was a lot of traffic, and hard to find your way around the loop highway or whatever it was. Durham had a big cruise thing going on every Fri. It would almost close a part of the city. Don't know if they still allow it, I would doubt if they do.
Raleigh did seem to have lots of job opportunity though. I would think there would be ample opportunity for health care in either city.
Charlotte I've only been to a few times. Very nice place to visit, not nearly as difficult to find your way around. never really looked into employment and such there.
I think the crime in Raleigh / Durham was worse then Charlotte by quite a bit though. I'm sure that is only certain areas of the city though.
neither city felt very "large" while there. Either of those would be much more interesting then Nashville. IMO

Any thoughts about Asheville? that is a beautiful place. very wonderful people. "small town" feel, comfortable pace of life, close to the mountains. Not sure about employment or school opportunities there but it was a fantastic place to visit. didn't have the same level of entertainment as Raleigh or Charlotte though.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #38
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Smittie, I was born and raised here and now live just on the edge of Nashville. If you don't want to deal with BS, ESPECIALLY the school system Hendersonville, Franklin, Brentwood, Bellevue, Smyrna, Lavergne, Mount Juliet are all good areas within a half hour of downtown.

As far as bars, Printers Alley is two blocks north of Tourist Hell and has some of the best music around. Ask me where WE go on the weekends Fiddle and Steel Guitar Bar, Jesse anes and Bourbon Street are where you'll find us.

BTW, if you need anything, find me on FB under Angee Lening. I used to drive a taxi here (12 years), so if you need to know who to call or where to go just yell. Oh, and Vanderbilt is one of the best universities around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #39
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I moved from Philly area to Nashville 8 years ago. Don't plan on leaving any time soon. Guess I'm a "damn yankee". Cost of living, weather, food are all great here. I think the people are VERY nice and have never had issues with my yankee status. Nashville is a beautiful city, easy to get around, cheap to park. Has everything a big city has in a smaller and I think cleaner package...well unless you are into basket ball or pro baseball.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #40
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Ahhh...thought you were OTP. Well, when yer out n bout in mah neck of the boonies, woncha come sit for a spell and have some of mah homebrew win ah make it?
I was. I mean you can't get more redneck sounding than "Loganville" but I now live in Butthead. It's alright and I don't mind the city but it sucks eating in Buckhead because your restaurant choices are either high end steak houses or McDs. We don't even have shitty ass chain restaurants like Longhorns or Applebees much less smaller independent restaurants. And the bars aren't even that great. If you go bar hopping in Atlanta you'll spend $50 in drinks and $150 in taxi fare because bars aren't near each other.

I'd love to find a town that has a cool downtown section like Athens but not slammed full of a bunch of barking drunk 18 year old college kids. That's what I liked about Savannah so much. Cool bars and people are probably 21 there. The only problem with Savannah is it is right on the coast and we need a bigger city for job opportunities and schools.

Thansk Wildchild.

Angee - That printers alley place looks pretty cool. And what would be a good hotel to stay at (probably not wanting more than $200 a night)?

Thanks for all the help guys