Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 AM   #21
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Will work for sex.
isint that the only reason anyone works?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #22
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I offered to buy a guy a sandwich one time that was begging for $$ for food and he got pizzed so I said F him.
My mom used to work downtown at Nationwide plaza when i was real young. She told me stories about the usual bums she saw walking from her parking lot to the building. They would as for money and she would straight up tell them that she knew that all they wanted it for was booze and cigs, but that if they really wanted something she would take them to the deli on the corner for breakfast sandwiches and coffee. She rarely got a taker.... ungrateful fuckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
The local news followed a few of the "homeless" around here and caught a few in upper-middle class homes with plenty of money, one guy using his kid to help get drug money, one using his buddy's kid and one guy they thought was a laywer who drove off in a Mercedes or something.
There is a famous bum that hangs out on the Ohio State campus. He is the "rapping bum" from youtube. He walks High and Lane most weekends walking up to students smoking outside of bars and freestyles about the Buckeyes and such. I've seen him twice personally. He always carries a large Taco Bell cup. There is a rumor going around that he is actually married and his wife is a rich lawyer from north of the city. Not sure if its true.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #23
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

My dad approaced on here back in 1998 or 99, and told the bum he would give him $10 an hour and buy him lunch for probably 2-3 days worth of work. All he had to do was come to our office and organize and clean the yard to our shop. We have a 2-3 acre yard with pipe and fittings laying around, and at the time a huge pile of trash. Trash in a dumpster, and fittings / pipe organized on pallets. Would have been easy work, but nope. The bum acted insulted that dad was making such an offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
There is a famous bum that hangs out on the Ohio State campus. He is the "rapping bum" from youtube. He walks High and Lane most weekends walking up to students smoking outside of bars and freestyles about the Buckeyes and such. I've seen him twice personally. He always carries a large Taco Bell cup. There is a rumor going around that he is actually married and his wife is a rich lawyer from north of the city. Not sure if its true.
Seen the rapping bum. Hilarious to listen to when your trashed, and pretty good from what I recall.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #24
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I use the same approach with Bums and street people as I do with the Girl Scouts and Cheerleaders harassing me when Im trying to walk into a store.

Don't make eye contact! EVER! I find they are less likely to approach or talk to you if you dont look at them.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #25
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Here they have press conferences

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CTVNewsAt1...ctvnews850696/

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #26
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Saw one at an intersection here in Fort Worth, "On last leg, need help"

Dude had one leg.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

I always find it funny that you are supposedly broke but always have money for a sharpie
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #28
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I'd argue 90% of panhandlers/homeless people are con artists.....this is how they make their living....period. I refuse to be conned.

The other 10% that are mentally ill or truly down on their luck have other options available to them for help....shelters...job training, etc. The fact that they are too stupid or too lazy or too drug addled to take advantage of the safety nets available to them is not MY problem. They can go fuck.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #29
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I always find it funny that you are supposedly broke but always have money for a sharpie
Or cigarettes.

Aren't they like $6 a pack these days?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #30
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I'd give this guy some $$ just for being funny.
I offered to buy a guy a sandwich one time that was begging for $$ for food and he got pizzed so I said F him.
Hahahahaha, I would to.

I actually had a guy ask for money for food while going to a restaurant. I ignored him of course. A few minutes later a couple bring him in and sit down and have dinner with him. White Guilt FTW!

The exit near my apartment is notorious for having bums begging for money. I've gone by it enough that the bums recognize me and just pass my truck when I pull up.