Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think of your fellow Man?
Most people are basically lazy, thoughtless, ignoramuses and/or selfish. 5 17.86%
Most people are hard-working, giving and considerate and strive to do the right thing. 7 25.00%
Some people have good traits, are well informed, but most people suck, and should STFU. 16 57.14%
I think everyone is the same until they show me differently (I am a weenie and am copping out). 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #11
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Intelligence aside, its the laziness and inconsideration across all social stratas that gets me.

That trailer trash woman not supervising her lil kids while she chain smoke and drinks jack on the couch.

That middle class joe in his F150 quad cab that throws his empty cup at the trash, misses, cusses, then drives away.

The bank president that manipulates the books, takes profit off of conflict of interest side deals, while ing coke and doing his assistant while his customers and employees suffer from neglect and abuse.

The politician with 5 houses and a yatch trading his constituents needs and futures for more power. All while smiling down at the powerless to depose him public.

the contract worker that makes 80 grand a year working 8 months and then filing for unemployment the other 4, while his child support goes unpaid.

Yeah mankind rocks.
I think one big problem with society is that our news channels constantly report the bad and very rarely report the good. This has conditioned to see mostly bad in people, and has also conditioned many people to feel like, "everyone is out for themselves, so I need to take care of me. Fuck the world."

For your list, I counter with:

The stay at home mom who gets up early every morning to make sure the older kids are dressed, fed and ready for school. Then takes care of the house throughout the day, while watching the younger kids. When school gets out, she's there to pick up her kids, then goes home, helps the kids with their homework, then gets dinner ready for the family. At night, she reads to her kids, gets them ready for bed and gets ready to start another day. Throughout all of this, she's doing her best to teach her kids right from wrong, teaching that we all need to help others and be good people and make sure that we aren't just looking out for ourselves. Maybe her husband makes a good salary, maybe he doesn't, but that doesn't matter. Fact is, she's in there busting her butt every day and doing all she can to raise her kids right.

The middle class joe in his F150 that uses it to haul supplies for habitat for humanity, then spends his days off helping them build a house for someone in need. Or maybe he uses his truck to do favors for his neighbors, helping them haul stuff, move from one place to another, or get their new landscaping to the house. Maybe he stops to talk to a stranded motorist, then uses his truck to pull people back home if their car is broken down. Maybe he's even handy with tools and does some work to help them fix their car.

The bank president who makes a bundle of money by managing the bank well, but donates a good portion of his money to help the needy. Maybe his "vacations" are spent in impoverished areas helping out folks who have less than he has.

The local politician who knows what his area needs and does everything he can to help the area. He gets out there, listens to the people, and makes sure they get the help they need. He looks at the laws that aren't working and goes through the necessary means to change, or even eliminate those laws. He works to improve his community, rather than working for himself, just getting rich off the system.

The contract worker who works 70 hours per week, doing nearly all the work himself because he's not making enough to support hiring other folks and feed his 4 kids at the same time. He's out there busting his butt every day, just trying to make ends meet, paying his proper share of taxes, and never claiming unemployment. If he can't find work in what he normally does, he does odd jobs for folks who can't do the work themselves, charging them less than what he would normally charge because he knows they can't really afford to spend more. He never wants to live off "the system" and will always take care of his family.

There are people like this in the world, but we rarely hear about them. They don't make the news because the news only reports the bad, never reporting the good. But these people are out there, we just need to open our eyes to the good and block out the bad.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Most people are dumb and lazy.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I cant put my view of the people into a single sentence, nor do I feel like writing huge blocks of text to explain it. So, lets just say I dont like people.

I love hot women though.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Good examples Cap'n. Now which ones do you see more of every day?? mineor yours?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Good examples Cap'n. Now which ones do you see more of every day?? mineor yours?
His more than yours.

I think, given the chance, people will be more likely to do the right thing.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

There are still heroes. You got to know where to look and look hard. But they are pulling the weight of an awful lot of losers...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #17
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Quote:
There are still heroes. You got to know where to look and look hard. But they are pulling the weight of an awful lot of losers...
Because the news doesn't talk much about the heroes or the good people. The news prefers to talk about all of the bad crap that happens in life, so you'll hear more of all the bad than the good. This is the same reason many cops have a bad outlook on humanity...the vast majority of contacts are with the crappy people in life.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote