Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #61
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Just to Validate the Original Post
IN the past 12 years My wife and I have Purchased new cars from the the Following Companies
1999 Dodge Durango
2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
2003 Hummer H2 (wife's Choice not mine)
2004 Nissan Titan (luxury model I fell for "Oooh Shiny")
2007 Chrysler 300 C
2011 Volvo S60 T6
The worst Service culture by far was Nissan, everything was a a battle, manifolds cracked, suspension failed, transfer case failed, they had driven screws into the wiring harness . In every case it was a battles to get them to honor the warranty. Multiple calls to Nissan dealer , to the national office, the transfer case required calling japan 3 times when they did decide to honor the warranty I was told to expect 6 weeks for one to be shipped. Only after calling the state and a TV Station did they decide they could ship one for the assembly plant that only took 3 weeks.
For anyone who cares the best service Culture was by far and away the Hyundai

Just to Validate the Original Post
IN the past 12 years My wife and I have Purchased new cars from the the Following Companies
1999 Dodge Durango
2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
2003 Hummer H2 (wife's Choice not mine)
2004 Nissan Titan (luxury model I fell for "Oooh Shiny")
2007 Chrysler 300 C
2011 Volvo S60 T6
The worst Service culture by far was Nissan, everything was a a battle, manifolds cracked, suspension failed, transfer case failed, they had driven screws into the wiring harness . In every case it was a battles to get them to honor the warranty. Multiple calls to Nissan dealer , to the national office, the transfer case required calling japan 3 times when they did decide to honor the warranty I was told to expect 6 weeks for one to be shipped. Only after calling the state and a TV Station did they decide they could ship one for the assembly plant that only took 3 weeks.
For anyone who cares the best service Culture was by far and away the Hyundai
Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #62
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

I have heard really good things about Hyundai customer service. They have come a long way. I had a little Hyundai when they first came out, can't remember the name of that little hatchback now, but it was such a POS. But it was the first new car I ever had, so I was excited to have it.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #63
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Went back through the thread looking for something and saw this, sorry I missed it the first time. Thanks for the tip, I could try that. But I think we added fuel injection cleaner the oil change before last. I'll run it by my SO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
You're first paragraph sounds like the problem the previous generation of Corvettes experienced. You *may* luck out and by adding a fuel injector cleaner.

Here's a link I found
http://www.gmforum.com/archive/index.php?t-231321.html

"Toms94" wrote
My guess is that this is the same issue that the other GM products have. According to a GM tech, GM has come out with a Fuel system additive. Here is the info I found:

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS, Fuel Sending Unit Corrosion and Fuel System Deposits #05-00-89-078 - (Nov 9, 2005)

2006 and Prior All GM Cars and Trucks

2003-2006 HUMMER H2

2006 HUMMER H3

2006 and Prior Saturn (Canada Only)

2005-2006 Saab 9-7X

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS
GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS, P/N 88861011 (for U.S. ACDelco®, use 88861013) (in Canada, 88861012), is now available.

Added Benefits and Uses
The PLUS portion of GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS is the addition of a filmer additive that, when used regularly, can protect fuel system sending units from the corrosive effects of certain sulfur contaminants found in some of today's gasoline.

Sulfur contamination can disrupt electrical continuity of certain fuel sending units and lead to erratic or false fuel gauge readings. With scheduled usage, GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS protects against the effects of harmful sulfurs in gasoline.

You Get Four Benefits
One bottle of GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS added to the fuel tank at each oil change:

• Cleans -- Sulfur corrosion from fuel gauge sending units.

• Prevents -- Harmful sulfur components from attacking sensitive fuel system electronics.

• Protects -- By coating metallic surfaces of the fuel system.

• Removes -- Engine deposits left from use of poor quality fuels.

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS will replace the original GM Fuel System Treatment, P/N 12345104 (in Canada, 89020804). The original formula may still be available for a limited time, and provides the excellent Fuel System Cleaning aspects of the new product without the filmer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would also call Nissan back and let them know that you will NEVER consider owning or renting another Nissan product ever again plus will tell every one what a miserable company they are to deal with due to them not fixing a know problem.

May not get you anywhere but you might feel better.

Good luck
Jeff

I may call them back after a little while. I am learning so much stuff as a result of this I want to take a little time and get all my facts straight. I should have done that to begin with, but didn't realize I was going to walk into a battle.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Sp...13703_ect2.pdf

^ According to that tech bulletin, this issue affects EVERY Frontier from 2005-2007, among other years, and other models. But I need to be someone special and deserve a favor to get this covered.

Quote:
APPLIED VINS: 2005-2007* Frontier – ALL

*IMPORTANT: Some 2006 Frontier, Xterra, and Pathfinder vehicles are not covered by this bulletin; they are covered under Nissan Recall Campaign NTB10-031 (that addresses the separate issue of the fuel gauge reading 1/4 full when the tank is empty). Check Service COMM to see if the vehicle you are working on is instead covered under that Campaign.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #64
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
I have heard really good things about Hyundai customer service. They have come a long way. I had a little Hyundai when they first came out, can't remember the name of that little hatchback now, but it was such a POS. But it was the first new car I ever had, so I was excited to have it.
For the record the Santa Fe had its issues Munched a CD player in the first month But I drove on to the lot to complain and they Swapped it out. Hyundai Notified me that that they overestimated the HP and offered my some options and I chose to double the the bumper to to Bumper warranty. hey even made a Key for the thing in my driveway when my wife took both sets of Keys on a Business trip.
As soon as they import a pick up to the states It will probably be in my drive way
Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #65
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
My Kia uses Hyundai's service and it's been great.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote