Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Longer than "yes" - "definitely"

Different wood produces different sound in any instrument including drums.
I agree, but does this illegal wood sound better than the best legal wood? If not, there's really no reason to buy it other than having an exotic, expensive-looking instrument.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote from Ted Nugent on the matter:

"The only thing more outrageous than the term "jack booted thugs' is the insidious vile conduct of jack booted thugs. It is heartbreaking that the American government is infested with such soulless, antiAmerican thuggery. It is the criminal misbehavior of jack booted thugs who raided the Amish farmer for selling raw milk to neighbors who desired to purchase raw milk. Jack booted thugs arrested an ID rancher for defending his children's lives in their own yard from a vicious "non-endangered" grizzly bear. Only a jack booted thug would viciously interrogate law abiding young hunters for using the number one selling arrowhead in the world. Jack booted thugs raided restaurant after restaurant in San Francisco, wasting millions more tax dollars looking for tiger penises and finding nothing. And now the braindead abuse of power runs amok as armed federal agents raid Gibson guitars looking for "illegal" wood. That's right; an armed raid looking for mishandled wood.

Are you kidding me?

Maybe a president raised by America hating communists, educated by America hating communists, surrounded by America hating communists, spiritually guided and married by an America hating racist, just maybe this president would abuse such power and empower his corrupt agencies to abuse their power in his evil fundamental transformation, also known as intentional destruction, of the greatest quality of life in the history of the world.

I stand with Gibson guitars with all the faith in the world that the wood they use is in no way endangered, and that they purchased it all legally. I am further convinced that any mindless federal agent who doesn't challenge these kinds of absurd abuses of power by over zealous bureaucrats need to search their souls and remember their pledge to protect and abide by the Constitution of the United States of America.

I proudly displayed dozens of American made Gibson masterpieces on stage throughout my "I STILL BELIEVE" tour in 2011, challenging anybody anywhere from any law enforcement agency to come and get my guitars. No takers. Because soulless power abusing bureaucrats avoid Ted Nugent concerts because they are intimidated by the soundtrack and defiant spirit of real American spirit and soul.

Don't just stand there squawking; contact your elected officials until the feds back off and display some common sense and decency when they claim to want to create American jobs while they shut down one of the most respected American manufacturers the world has ever known.

We got the ID rancher off with good old fashioned "we the people" activism. If you are not willing to participate in that, you are part of the problem instead of the solution."

I love Ted, he tells it like it is.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

If a Russian company came in and started cutting down trees you can only find in Yosemite and Yellowstone to make fancy tables that sold for thousands of dollars, I would have a problem with that. I sure as hell wouldn't trust Gibson to not take advantage of something to get wood to make their guitars more profitable and sound better. If people don't defend their parks, then we just wind up with every nice place looking like utter garbage tourist traps. I wish the park rangers in our parkw would show the same viciousness to stop some of the people that abuse our national and state parks.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If a Russian company came in and started cutting down trees you can only find in Yosemite and Yellowstone to make fancy tables that sold for thousands of dollars, I would have a problem with that. I sure as hell wouldn't trust Gibson to not take advantage of something to get wood to make their guitars more profitable and sound better. If people don't defend their parks, then we just wind up with every nice place looking like utter garbage tourist traps. I wish the park rangers in our parkw would show the same viciousness to stop some of the people that abuse our national and state parks.
In Soviet Russia, guitar string YOU

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Nugent is blaming Obama for this? Like Obama has the time or the witherall to sit around going over little tiny details like saying that people who sell raw milk should be interrogated.

And where is the proof that this stuff didn't happen under previous Adminstrations?

Seems to me this whole tendancy of law enforcement to overdo it with SWAT-style raids has been increasing for a LONG time.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #16
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Seems to me this whole tendancy of law enforcement to overdo it with SWAT-style raids has been increasing for a LONG time.

You never know when some disgruntled luthier might try to go El Kabong on your ass.
Our jack-booted thugs have to be able to protect themselves.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Yeah every podunk little town thinks they need a SWAT team and tactical gear. Personally I think it's all about guys getting off on the idea of being able to do stuff like that, so they push their local politicians to grant them the ability.