Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Exhausted

Like I didn't have enough to do this week with a trackday on Saturday... yesterday I decided to take my daughters to Six Flags. It was kind of our end-of-summer thing, as my oldest is starting marching band on Monday (her summer is o-v-e-r).

We are now spoiled for ever waiting in a line again. See, I don't deal with herds of people well. I'm not a patient person, I loathe malls (or any place herds would gather). I don't even grocery shop if there are too many cars in the parking lot. And, forget ever going to WallMart.... herds are drawn to that place.

So, what do I do? I go to Six Flags

My day was saved. They now have this lovely thing called a Flash-Pass. For an additional sum of money (like they don't nickel and dime you already) you can buy a pager like object that is a reservation system for the big rides. Meaning, you don't have to wait in line.... ALL DAY. Our waiting was sitting in one of the AC diners with water when we showed up early to Tony Hawk's Big Spin. Other than that, it was to walk up a special walkway to the beginning of the line and ride.

Best idea EVER. Best money ever spent at an amusement park... we actually rode the rides yesterday rather than just hanging out in line.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I went to Hersheypark last week....on a Tuesday. The water rides where packed and so was the new coaster....other than that...NO LINES. I love the weekdays.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

It was packed.

Water Park was packed... but then it was 103 yesterday.

Oh, and Flo Rida was there for a concert - I had no idea who it was (yup, felt old). There were people lining up for seats at 11:00am. Personally, I was glad to see that concert start as most of the people then went into the center stadium area.

Damn but there are some BIG people in San Antonio...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

thats awesome, glad ya'll had a good time! Disney and Universal have a similar thing down here in Florida, used it awhile back, will NEVER go without it again! I'm with you on the crowds, large groups of people make my skin crawl, and standing in line? Forget it!! People always up in your space and stuff...eww!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote