Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #51
t-homo
WSB Champion

I think Spies could have gotten into the top 5 if the race finished. If they restarted the race though, everything would have been fucked by the time differences between where they were.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #52
t-homo
WSB Champion

And yes, it was that bad.

Shit, my pic of drewpy is on my comp, not my friends.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #53
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I think Spies could have gotten into the top 5 if the race finished. If they restarted the race though, everything would have been fucked by the time differences between where they were.

yea I honestly think some of these people have forgotten about aggregate times and the fact that Rossi STILL would have enjoyed a 6 second lead at the restart. Hayden would have had to pass Rossi and put together a 6+ second lead. Yea that's gonna happen.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #54
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

i didn't read this thread so maybe this is a repost but 1-2 more laps and hayden was going to 3rd.. lorenzo got robbed when they stopped the race.. it was great to see the greatest gp rider of all time win and take his 8th championship..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #55
t-homo
WSB Champion

I didn't know about the times thing.

So now that I have the pic, the weather was that bad.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #56
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

what wouldn't you know and who is better or supposedly going to be better? 8 fucking championships? that is impressive in any book.. who is the next closest kenny roberts with 1 back in 1983? motherfucker please.. hayden had 1 good year and that's all he will ever have.. stoner might win 1 or 2 more but loves to crash.. no one will ever touch rossi.. he is in a league of his own..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #57
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Sucks that they stopped the race BUT Rossi would not have been passed...6 seconds...come on !!

Lorenzo would probably have passed Hayden as well.

They asked Hayden if he wanted it to restart and he laughed and said 50/50...he said that he was happy to finish where he did and was happy to finally lead during a race again.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #58
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
what wouldn't you know and who is better or supposedly going to be better? 8 fucking championships? that is impressive in any book.. who is the next closest kenny roberts with 1 back in 1983? motherfucker please.. hayden had 1 good year and that's all he will ever have.. stoner might win 1 or 2 more but loves to crash.. no one will ever touch rossi.. he is in a league of his own..
Hayden didn't have one good year, Rossi had one bad one.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #59
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
yea I honestly think some of these people have forgotten about aggregate times and the fact that Rossi STILL would have enjoyed a 6 second lead at the restart. Hayden would have had to pass Rossi and put together a 6+ second lead. Yea that's gonna happen.....
Actually, they stated at the race that it would NOT be aggregate times. It also was not going to be "run what you brung" as riders were going to be allowed to change tires if they restarted the race. It would essentially be an 8 lap race, with riders lined up in the same order as they had crossed the line in the last lap.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #60
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Actually, they stated at the race that it would NOT be aggregate times. It also was not going to be "run what you brung" as riders were going to be allowed to change tires if they restarted the race. It would essentially be an 8 lap race, with riders lined up in the same order as they had crossed the line in the last lap.
Are you sure? In the past they would stop a race,let the teams switch to rain tires and then run on aggregate times. Supposedly,now the teams are supposed to bring their riders in on their own if they wish to change tires. I understand that but because there aren't "supposed" to be any more start/stop situations other than unclearable crashes,I figured they would revert to the old standard. What is your source of info,CM?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote