Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Man I hate stupid people! All of the negative reviews for this product are from dumb ass people that both the old generation unit and are posting bad reviews on the new generation's listing. Not to mention about half of those are related to people not realizing that you had to buy accessories to make a certain feature work. Of course they don't do their research and then blame the product for their stupidity.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #12
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Man I hate stupid people! All of the negative reviews for this product are from dumb ass people that both the old generation unit and are posting bad reviews on the new generation's listing. Not to mention about half of those are related to people not realizing that you had to buy accessories to make a certain feature work. Of course they don't do their research and then blame the product for their stupidity.
I've all but given up on reading internet reviews from individuals for the reasons you listed and because they only seem to fall into 2 categories: 1 star or 5 star.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #13
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Here's the Archos 5 internet table update history.

http://update.archos.com/7/archos5/c...e_archos5.html
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I cut some of the back plastic on the pad, so the foam molds around the camera. I dont feel it. The plastic piece is the power/rec/mic. I'm sure you can take out the mic and solder it in its own housing. Its not much of a hassle were its at.

Archos website says this about the camera. "Compatible with ARCHOS 5 and 5G models only".

I've only heard bad things about the android model. Bugs and etc but I haven't gotten to fart with one. So no review from me.

I keep the device in my tank bag or in my jacket, so its not getting jerked around like it would if it was mounted to the bike.

It's probably better that way... I'd be looking at the screen and crash!!! I haven't found a negative review yet...other than some old biddy that couldn't figure out the Android interface.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Here's the Archos 5 internet table update history.

http://update.archos.com/7/archos5/c...e_archos5.html
That looks a lot like my Garmin 855 update history... Oh well, it's working good now.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #16
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I say go for it, but I'm not sure if the cam will work with the internet tablet one. I've looked all over the site and cant figure what model the 5G is.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:02 AM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I say go for it, but I'm not sure if the cam will work with the internet tablet one. I've looked all over the site and cant figure what model the 5G is.
They have a camera on the accessory page and if I were guessing, I'd guess that the "G" stood for Google-as in Android.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I've all but given up on reading internet reviews from individuals for the reasons you listed and because they only seem to fall into 2 categories: 1 star or 5 star.
When I read internet reviews or even hear reviews in person, I always toss the "Its awsome!!!" and "Its a piece of shit" reviews unless they follow it up with a reason. You can still find good reviews you just need to do a little more searching.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

My archos 5 should be here tomorrow. I'll give an update when it arrives.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #20
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

this is your attempt to trick karma into never pushing deer into your path again isint it?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote