Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I have txting blocked on my blackberry. I use email solely. You can txt to my email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

This is the guy saying how he did it....

Hey guys, I will copy/paste something that I just typed on another forum that may clear up a couple questions you may have. I can assure you this is real, I will take pictures of the bill-in-a-box if you like.

There was no automated system involved, believe it or not. I was (and still am) using a Motorola RAZR V3T and a nice thing that you can do is send out to 10 or so recipients at one time for each message. The phone cannot send 10 INSTANTLY, so it basically queues them like a printer. So that buys some time to get another 10 queued up and so on and so on.

I could usually get 100+ in queue to send out and then I wouldn't need to look at my phone for about 5 or so minutes and then I would do it all over again. You can see on my bill that I sent out quite a bit more than I received.

Since I get up to go to work at 2:45am and I only get home at 5:00pm or so, I am sure you can see how I found the time. Normally, by the time I get home, get things done, eat dinner, etc etc, it is 9pm or later.

One bad thing is this... initially I was receiving as many as I was sending, but after the first couple of weeks, I learned that over night when I had people texting me, it didn't really help much because when the RAZR's inbox got full (about 100-120 messages), it didn't keep counting up. So my phone would be "receiving" messages at night while I was sleeping, but unless I was clearing my inbox, my total was not increasing.

And yes, it was quite a hassle. My wife made me promise that I wouldn't ever do it again. Somewhere around the 2 week mark, I actually quit for a few days and then I quit again near the end of the billing cycle with about 4-5 days left to go. Not only is it extremely time consuming, but because the RAZR is a bit outdated now, it also basically eliminates the phone from being usable. When I have 20+ messages queued to send, I am unable to make phone calls or receive them (it just would say "call failed") so that was quite a challenge as well.

Luckily I have a work cell phone as well.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
The Engineer in me had to break this down.

Let's assume the guy sleeps 9 hours a day. That leaves 15 hours in a day to accumulate this mass of texts.

That works out to 8 texts per minute, ALL day long.

Does this guy do any work? Or does he sit around texting *all* day long.
LOL. That was the first thing I did, I started to do that math on it. You and I missed the same thing. He had 216000 total messages. He "only" sent 142390 giving him 5.25 messages a minute. That number seems like a joke till you see that is 316 an hour. I have had days where I typed more then that a minute but I didn't send any more for a few minutes.

I would guess my best days were around 50 a day. Maybe a few more. Doing more math shows it would be 11 seconds a message. Thats with the time to send. So maybe 5 seconds a message. Thats a lot of LOL, , :P and .

With the size of some of the text messages I did with my Treo he would never hit that number. I have some long winded texts.

I find it hard to believe anyone really gets 9 hours of sleep but even with a few hours extra it would still be a tough number to reach, unless this guy spent a month in the hospital. And he would need to be in almost a full body cast because a sponge bath would take up a lot of time he would have to make up.

BTW he sent 7 picture text messages. Where the hell did he find the time to take or download 7 pictures, look at them long enough to know he wanted to send them, then put them in a text with all that texting? Damn.

I'm guessing this guy hasn't been laid in over a month.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Holy Farking Fingers Batman!!!!!!

And my parents get mad when i go over my 250??????
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #15
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Ok so I asked him if he Did infact get laid...

Interesting that you ask that question. I keep track of my sex life with my wife on calendar because I talk it up a lot of the time, and while it wasn't quite as much as normal, we had sex 13 times in March and she gave me head 6 times. This is also no joke.

Keep in mind that when I went to bed, the texting stopped and my phone was on silent just in case anyone bothered trying to send any.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Well if he is sending one message to 10+ people at a time then its not that hard to believe. It is still a lot of messages. If he is sending them to 10 plus people then it wasn't a HUGE amount. Thats still a lot and a crazy ass bill. I would shit myself. On a trip to the US I had one bill for over $800 from what I remember. My wife made a call and had that cut to $200-300 or so. I did text but it was mostly phone calls.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 04-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #17
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
When I was working my old job and working overnights, I'd go through about 10,000 a month texting other people I knew that worked overnight. We helped to keep each other awake and stuff.

But that's fucking ridiculous!
LOL..10k a month? This chick used to text me and I would just call because it would take me 10 minutes to text....h...........e.........y........w......h... ..a......t....u....p....you get the picture.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #18
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
LOL..10k a month? This chick used to text me and I would just call because it would take me 10 minutes to text....h...........e.........y........w......h... ..a......t....u....p....you get the picture.

10K a month is both sending and receiving. I also have yahoo mobile where any messages sent while I'm not actually on get sent to me via text.

It also helps that I have a qwerty keyboard and got plenty of practice typing pretty damn fast on it.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
10K a month is both sending and receiving. I also have yahoo mobile where any messages sent while I'm not actually on get sent to me via text.

It also helps that I have a qwerty keyboard and got plenty of practice typing pretty damn fast on it.
A full keyboard is great when you text a lot. I was in heaven when I moved to the Treo years ago. I need to get another phone with a full keyboard.

James
Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #20
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
A full keyboard is great when you text a lot. I was in heaven when I moved to the Treo years ago. I need to get another phone with a full keyboard.

James
CrAcKbErRy FTMFW!!!!

I had a Blackjack and a friend gave me his old Curve after he got a Storm. OMFG this phone kicks so much major ass!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote