Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Are ALL short people bitter and unhappy like this?

Damn, dude....you are a one man black cloud.
Naw some of us short folks hate the holiday for what it is but enjoy seeing family and friends. The only thing I'm pissed off about christmas this year is that I missed the big fight between my now openly gay brother-in-law (came out at last years christmas) and mother-in-law. He admitted to living with a dude and told her that the guy was coming over for desert. She threw food at him and started to yell at him, so he yelled back and started this whole big thing. All while I was out getting paper plates. Although today I went over a friends families house for dinner and had a blast.

Amrock is just angry his weiner is small and he didn't have a hangun to compensate for it.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

That sounds fantastic!

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
That sounds fantastic!
I had a great xmas, and i'm a Jew
Old 12-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'm with the fucking OP on this. Christmas SUCKS.
I used to feel this way but I managed to get over it... Here we go again, but the first thing you need to do is stop doing all the things that you don't want to do during the holidays. If you really, really hate going to visit family that much, don't go. You're disdain is sure to be written all over you for all to see, why would they even want you there? I wouldn't.

If you give gifts begrudgingly, don't give them at all. I certainly don't need other people to buy me stuff, especially if their heart isn't in it. Oh and my God, if it's going to put you that far into the hole then by all means don't spend a bunch of money you don't have on me. Gee, I'll feel great about things in a couple months enjoying some frivolous gadget while you're struggling to pay your car insurance or feed your family.

I enjoy the time off, and getting together with people that I want to be around. Watching the games and when the situation is such, watching children open gifts and seeing the delight on their faces. I personally don't ever need to get another Christmas gift, I work hard and live simply so that I can get whatever I want for myself-toy wise. Be my friend, spend some time with me and leave your wallet in your pocket.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #15
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

I'm not nearly the first to say this, but oh shit, I agree with Tigger. I'd much rather watch the kiddo unwrap gifts than get anything myself.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I'm not nearly the first to say this, but oh shit, I agree with Tigger. I'd much rather watch the kiddo unwrap gifts than get anything myself.
Don't worry, you'll get over it.... Why is it that every time someone agree with me, it has to be prefaced with some disclaimer or another. There's never a, "I can't believe that I don't agree with Tigger" disclaimer....

People forget that this is a religious/children's holiday, for the most part. All these adults running around buying each other gifts doesn't make any sense to me, really. I'll do it in a small way with my GF if necessary but really that's it. It's funny but IMHO if you went out and got me something when it's not Christmas, it would have more meaning in the sense that it would lose the patina of holiday obligation.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 12-26-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #17
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Why is it that every time someone agree with me, it has to be prefaced with some disclaimer or another.
Because quite frankly, it's embarrassing.

JC
Old 12-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #18
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Sober again, and snowed in. Christmas was alright, the boy had a ball opening the presents he had here. Ulu is pissed since the presents she mailed here STILL haven't made it, but she's also in a bad mood about being here period, which is what has me in such a bad mood. It's been fun seeing family, but I think we're all ready to go back home, including her parents. Everybody's making the best of it, but with a blizzard effectively locking us in the house, it might get interesting. We'll see how happy Ulu is when she wakes up (she's been sleeping in, I'm getting up with the boy each day) when she realizes we can't go get more beer.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I used to feel this way but I managed to get over it... Here we go again, but the first thing you need to do is stop doing all the things that you don't want to do during the holidays. If you really, really hate going to visit family that much, don't go. You're disdain is sure to be written all over you for all to see, why would they even want you there? I wouldn't.

If you give gifts begrudgingly, don't give them at all. I certainly don't need other people to buy me stuff, especially if their heart isn't in it. Oh and my God, if it's going to put you that far into the hole then by all means don't spend a bunch of money you don't have on me. Gee, I'll feel great about things in a couple months enjoying some frivolous gadget while you're struggling to pay your car insurance or feed your family.

I enjoy the time off, and getting together with people that I want to be around. Watching the games and when the situation is such, watching children open gifts and seeing the delight on their faces. I personally don't ever need to get another Christmas gift, I work hard and live simply so that I can get whatever I want for myself-toy wise. Be my friend, spend some time with me and leave your wallet in your pocket.
You make sense.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #20
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

It was a blast being abl eto see my niece open her gifts!
Skype FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote