Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The Chi is right, Dixie Stampede is a redneck version of medieval times. I could of told you that if you asked me.

Medieval Times sucks just as much as Dixie Stampede. Food is awful and so is the "tournament."

Just be glad your daughter didn't get molested. There was a big arrest over there for that.
Well then we'll just stick to hitting up the annual Rennaissance Festival here since it's close to the house and much on a turkey drumstick that's bigger than my head.

http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Oh yeah, it's the fuckin Smoky Mountains. There is no fuckin E in Smoky.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The Chi is right, Dixie Stampede is a redneck version of medieval times. I could of told you that if you asked me.

Medieval Times sucks just as much as Dixie Stampede. Food is awful and so is the "tournament."

Just be glad your daughter didn't get molested. There was a big arrest over there for that.
Damn. Didn't know about that. Trust me, if it wasn't for my daughter, I would have never ventured in that place. That, and it was free.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Damn. Didn't know about that. Trust me, if it wasn't for my daughter, I would have never ventured in that place. That, and it was free.
Sometimes free experiences have a higher price to pay...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Sorry to hear about the food poisoning.

I've never heard of going to a doctor because of it though. Does it help you recover faster?
Depending on the offending organism and the affected person...even healthy people can die from it (and many hundreds do, every year).

Get dehydrated enough and the ol kidneys shut down and then the other organs follow....
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #16
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I will never understand why people pay good money to eat crap food with thier hands. No thanks!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

One of my FB friends put on her status yesterday that she was going to Dixie Stampede... I lol'd IRL
Old 07-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #18
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
One of my FB friends put on her status yesterday that she was going to Dixie Stampede... I lol'd IRL
Be a friend....post back and let her know she should probably bring a couple of these.

"Briefly, the fecal collection system was used in the following way. The finger cot was employed to position the fecal bag over the anus. The finger cot was also used after defecation to separate fecal matter from the anal area and push it to the bottom of the bag, The bag was then removed from the buttocks, and the anus was cleaned with tissue wipes. These were disposed of into the fecal bag. The user then secured the germicidal liquid pouch and, after cutting the corner off the outer pouch, deposited it along with the inner pouch into the bag. The bag was then sealed. The germicidal liquid was a mixture of sodium orthophenylphenol and sodium chlorophenylphenol of amaplast blue LXT (NASA, c. 1967). The bag was kneaded to rupture the inner pouch and mix the germicide with the wastes. The inner bag was placed into the outer bag which was rolled into the smallest possible volume and then placed in the waste stowage compartment. This compartment featured a split membrane inside the door to prevent fecal bags from floating back out into the cabin once they had been placed within the compartment. For later Apollo missions, the volume provided by the waste stowage compartment was inadequate. Consequently, a waste stowage bag was provided for additional volume for the disposal of fecal bags. Both waste stowage volumes had an overboard venting capability for gases generated in the feces."

http://history.nasa.gov/SP-368/s6ch2.htm
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

I now know more than I ever wanted to know about storing fecal matter when in space.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Sorry to hear about the food poisoning.

I've never heard of going to a doctor because of it though. Does it help you recover faster?
Never heard of that either.

I had horrible food poisoning during my last trip to China (they would have quarantined me if I went, plus they charge $300, so it wasn't an option anyway). It came on about 3-4am the night before I was flying home. Longest. Flight. Ever.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote