Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I actually advise against the cheap angle-iron wheel chocks. *ones without the locking rocker unlike in the picture*

The GSXR fell over in the garage on one. If it's not set in the chock "just right" it's worthless and the bike tips either one way or another. I will never use it for anything than more than a wheel chock if the bikes getting strapped on a trailer or truck.

Now the quality condor-style, I've run bikes into and jumped off of without so much as a bobble.

Also a NICE feature about the locking arm, it's not a set bump. In which cheaper chocks have permanently which is worthless on a slick, non-padded garage floor.
You know, I honestly don't mind people being against my opinion but could you at least look at what I'm talking about...

Oh yea these stands are SO different... The Condor is obviously worth 6X as much... Look man, the same amount of steel, welding, paint and time went into both units. Please show me the difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg condor.jpg (117.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg hf wheel.jpg (8.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg image_3963.jpg (34.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg WheelChockLeftRear.jpg (218.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 09-07-2010 at 11:10 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #12
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
You know, I honestly don't mind people being against my opinion but could you at least look at what I'm talking about...

Oh yea these stands are SO different... The Condor is obviously worth 6X as much... Look man, the same amount of steel, welding, paint and time went into both units. Please show me the difference.
You know, I honestly don't mind people trying to one up me.

But you need to go back and reread my post as it really doesn't pertain to the exact stand you posted.

*I'll save you the trouble, I'm referring this style of wheel chock

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcy...heel-chock.htm

Last edited by TYEster; 09-08-2010 at 07:48 AM..
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
... In fact, the Aug Motorcyclist has a coupon for the stand at $39 (just checked). Your call....
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html

oh crap, just noticed that part. yeah for that money I'll try one in a heart beat. Thanks again. now I just have to go find my magazine. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
You know, I honestly don't mind people trying to one up me.

But you need to go back and reread my post as it really doesn't pertain to the exact stand you posted.

*I'll save you the trouble, I'm referring this style of wheel chock

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcy...heel-chock.htm
oh.... Well we're not talking about those clocks... I know we love to go off topic here but I guess I thought that you may have not understood which stands we were discussing since we hadn't posted pics... My bad, you just wanted to point out important information about stands/chocks in general. For the betterment of the forum, of course. Thank you for the information. We will be sure to avoid those chocks thanks to your warning.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
oh crap, just noticed that part. yeah for that money I'll try one in a heart beat. Thanks again. now I just have to go find my magazine. LOL
See? No one pays attention... Seriously, its a good stand. Besides, for that money if there's something you don't like...the finish, some of the pins, etc, it would be well worth your while to have it powder coated, change some hardware, etc. I really don't see how you can go wrong. BTW I don't know about the Connor but these are a pita to get your bike OUT OF when you are done!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #16
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
See? No one pays attention... Seriously, its a good stand. Besides, for that money if there's something you don't like...the finish, some of the pins, etc, it would be well worth your while to have it powder coated, change some hardware, etc. I really don't see how you can go wrong. BTW I don't know about the Connor but these are a pita to get your bike OUT OF when you are done!
yeah that was my one fear with the Condor as well. looked like the guy was really tugging on that bike to get it out. I would have asked to try it but the thought of screwing up with someone else's bike is not a good thought for me. LOL so I guess I'll start out putting the sporty in it. it's light enough to yank it out and hopefully not have any bad experiences to write about afterwards. LOL

Really I'm just looking for something that will hold the bike upright in the garage to adjust clutches and what not as well as chocked up in a trailer. I would still atrp the front but probably not compress the fork and what not when I do strap it.

I appreciate the info on it.

oh and don't feel bad I usually miss stuff in my own posts as well as everyone else's LOL
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Its not that difficult pulling the bike out just alittle tug and away you go.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #18
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Its not that difficult pulling the bike out just alittle tug and away you go.
sure if you're Andre the damn giant LOL

I'm just a normal sized human.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
sure if you're Andre the damn giant LOL

I'm just a normal sized human.
Hahaha... I'm just saying that the bike is in there really well.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #20
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Hahaha... I'm just saying that the bike is in there really well.
not when ya ride over some of the fine roads of NYC. my track bike popped out of the chock and almost fell off the trailer down a side road in queens. I used to secure the front wheel to the chock then got a little lazy. you know I will be doing that again now
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote