Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default codor wheel chocks

anyone used them? have any info? i'm thinking about getting one of the floor/trailer models and one trailer only.

250 and 165 respectively.

any other similar type chocks available/

http://store.condor-lift.com/product...ailer%252dStop

Last edited by wildchild; 09-06-2010 at 08:58 AM..
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
anyone used them? have any info? i'm thinking about getting one of the floor/trailer models and one trailer only.

250 and 165 respectively.

any other similar type chocks available/

http://store.condor-lift.com/product...ailer%252dStop
I don't care what anyone says, I have used these several times now and I stand behind them 100%. They are $59 each and if you get Motorcyclist or Sport Rider, there's a 20% coupon. I have also seen them on sale for $39 on occasion... In fact, the Aug Motorcyclist has a coupon for the stand at $39 (just checked). Your call....
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

hey now. I like cheaper options. looks like that would pretty much do the same thing. will have to dig around a little more.

I guess no one else here hauls bikes on trailers? I actually like the Condor as an option for standing the bike upright on the garage floor as well. looks like the HF model would do that as well.

in the past I have used regular wheel chocks and tie straps in the front with fork compression. the nice part of the Condor was no need too compress the fork.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I have a set of condor stands and they work well. I started strapping the front wheel down after a near disaster earlier this season but that was due to some NYC potholes/shitty pavement.

otherwise I have been using the same set for over 5 yrs now and theyre still going strong.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
hey now. I like cheaper options. looks like that would pretty much do the same thing. will have to dig around a little more.

I guess no one else here hauls bikes on trailers? I actually like the Condor as an option for standing the bike upright on the garage floor as well. looks like the HF model would do that as well.

in the past I have used regular wheel chocks and tie straps in the front with fork compression. the nice part of the Condor was no need too compress the fork.
The HF stands come with rubber feet for garage use. FWIW, I still strap my bike down but these stands make it a much easier one man operation. I've seen the Condor stands and they are really nice but I'm not sure that they are 6X as nice as the HF stands at $39 vs $250.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
The HF stands come with rubber feet for garage use. FWIW, I still strap my bike down but these stands make it a much easier one man operation. I've seen the Condor stands and they are really nice but I'm not sure that they are 6X as nice as the HF stands at $39 vs $250.
I still strap thre front down as well, they say you dont but I am not testing that theory.

I bought these several yrds ago think they were around 170 or 180 then withthe discount I got from a track org. The ones I have dont have the base though so they stay on the trailer. I am going to make a base for one this year since my new track bike doesnt have a kickstand.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
CasterTroy

For the trailer...I'm saving for one of these:

Video of it in action
Old 09-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Those are cool buy I'd have to trailer more than twice a year...
Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
For the trailer...I'm saving for one of these:

Video of it in action

Hell. With most riders never turning, you can just leave that thing on.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I don't care what anyone says, I have used these several times now and I stand behind them 100%. They are $59 each and if you get Motorcyclist or Sport Rider, there's a 20% coupon. I have also seen them on sale for $39 on occasion... In fact, the Aug Motorcyclist has a coupon for the stand at $39 (just checked). Your call....
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html
I actually advise against the cheap angle-iron wheel chocks. *ones without the locking rocker unlike in the picture*

The GSXR fell over in the garage on one. If it's not set in the chock "just right" it's worthless and the bike tips either one way or another. I will never use it for anything than more than a wheel chock if the bikes getting strapped on a trailer or truck.

Now the quality condor-style, I've run bikes into and jumped off of without so much as a bobble.

Also a NICE feature about the locking arm, it's not a set bump. In which cheaper chocks have permanently which is worthless on a slick, non-padded garage floor.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote