Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #21
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

There's some truth in the "inferiority complex" comment, where many Canadians are concerned.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #22
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I saw one episode of this show - it was the one where he brings in several kids and shows them how they make chicken nuggets. Even after showing them just how nasty that shit is, he asked the kids if they still wanted to eat the nuggets and they all raised their hands.

LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #23
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I saw one episode of this show - it was the one where he brings in several kids and shows them how they make chicken nuggets. Even after showing them just how nasty that shit is, he asked the kids if they still wanted to eat the nuggets and they all raised their hands.

Show them how they make hamburger, from start to finish, and they'd likely never eat beef again so that isn't a very good test

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #24
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Show them how they make hamburger, from start to finish, and they'd likely never eat beef again so that isn't a very good test
Actually that's not either. My son's been there when the deer died, took it to the processor and watched it gutted. His only comment was, "COOL!" And he eats it..

Jamie Oliver isn't the 'all knowledgeable' himself..

Oliver said. “Now I know that the distribution channel that feeds all of these schools and these kids can actually handle fresh food.”

Where they heck does he THINK they get it?? Does he think they grow it out back? Local farmers deliver it? Trolls? What??
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #25
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Inferiority complex? Maybe for some. But for the most part it's just Americans beating their chests until they think everyone else has an inferiority complex.

Canada's getting fatter by the minute too. I can't say I noticed it as much in Europe, but they're probably not far behind.

These kids though, I mean, they didn't even know what a tomato was!!!

And as for caring what other parents feed their kids? It's called global wellbeing and caring about something bigger than yourself. A decidedly UN-American trait.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #26
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Inferiority complex? Maybe for some. But for the most part it's just Americans beating their chests until they think everyone else has an inferiority complex.
Not everyone else, just Canada. Transference much?

Quote:
And as for caring what other parents feed their kids? It's called global wellbeing and caring about something bigger than yourself. A decidedly UN-American trait.
"Global wellbeing and caring about something bigger than yourself" in this case seems to mean telling others what you think they should do, but you can call it what you will. I call it others sticking their noses in to my business. I prefer if they don't do it and I extend the same courtesy as much as possible in return.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #27
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I prefer if they don't do it and I extend the same courtesy as much as possible in return.
I don't think an American can say that with a straight face. I know I sure as hell couldn't read it with a straight face.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I don't think an American can say that with a straight face. I know I sure as hell couldn't read it with a straight face.
I can only completely control myself so I meant it individually. What the government chooses to do is another issue.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #29
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

Canada's getting fatter by the minute too. I can't say I noticed it as much in Europe, but they're probably not far behind.

These kids though, I mean, they didn't even know what a tomato was!!!

Um, Kel.

Pssssssst.

Bad word choice. REALLY bad word choice. In fact, I'd like to tell you to fuck off with that word choice.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #30
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Um, Kel.

Pssssssst.

Bad word choice. REALLY bad word choice. In fact, I'd like to tell you to fuck off with that word choice.
Not you.

But isn't it funny how some forum members spend a lot of effort ragging on Canada. The money jokes (btw, our dollar is at parity with yours right now), the "America's Hat" jokes, etc. etc. ad nauseum. But disagree with that, generalize a bit, and suddenly Americans get offended.

I'll be the first to say it's not all Americans. But you're viewed collectively and globally. So much like you judge all Canadians as having an inferiority complex, your collective image isn't that good.