Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Damn. There was some chubby kids.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

I caught a clip of the show the other night. My husband and I eat fairly healthy and want to maintain that for our daughter (children) when they get older. I used to be envious of the other kids at school that got twinkies and crap like that when I was a kid. My mother always packed us healthy lunches (she'd even wrap tomatoes apart from the sammies so they wouldn't get soggy). I think I had my first twinkie at 14 and was surprised at just how disgusting it was. Thank god my mother fed us well.....

All these kids with huge guts/boobs and muffin tops. I am still working on my post-pregger body after 9 months of popping out a kid and I look 100 x's better than half the 15 year olds I see. It's scary.

I'm taking care of more and more 20/30's with heart disease/chest pain/diabetes at work.

It's terrible what some parents do to themselves and their kids....

Kirsty
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I've watched the show. The recurring theme is that school lunches are controlled by (drum roll), the government.

Biggest example: look at the milk choices: chocolate, strawberry (seriously?? YUCK), and plain ol' milk. When the flavored milk was taken away, everyone freaked out because the "Rules" say that they need to have the flavored milk because that way the kids will at least drink SOME kind of milk (and, apparently, nobody cares that the flavored milk has more sugar and sweeteners than a can of Pepsi/Coke).

Next biggest example: French fries are, again according to the "Rules," considered a VEGETABLE serving. Um, what??

The "Rules" are made by the bean counters. Changing one school system makes for good TV ratings but eventually the bean counters will have their way. You can't stop a hurricane by farting against the wind.

Any change needs to occur from the top down. The rules that impact Huntington impact schools here as well (local schools have the same choices of milk; french fries are considered a vegetable serving, etc). Violate the rules and the all powerful "Funding" gets taken away and schools can't afford that since they're already losing state funding in a lot of cases (they can't afford to lose federal funding for school lunches as well).

I admire what this guy is trying to do (though he occasionally comes across as pompous and elitist) but he's trying to take down an elephant with a tooth pick.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Jamie who?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

This show sucks.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I watched the show when it debuted and was absolutely disgusted by both the people I saw on the show, and the entire school system. Everything from the attitudes right down to the mother that deep fries donuts for her kids for breakfast. I'm sorry, but how did you EVER think that was healthy and good for your children?

I know it's edited for TV but the fact remains that a lot of people are very very FAT and do nothing to help themselves.

When I lived in England, the question I got the most about America was about the size of the population. "Why are they so fat?" "Why is everyone so round?" "What do they feed them?"

How other's view you is not good. And it alarming that you can't see the need for change or how it even got here in the first place.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Fat people are usually reared from the segment of the population that breeds the quickest, I.E., dumb people. You're not going to change the minds or educate dumb people to differ from what they've been indoctrinated with. This is how they were raised, and they're still alive, so that's all the proof they'll ever need that their diets are perfectly healthy.

These people are after one thing when they shop for food, and that's value. They want as much food as possible for as little skrilla as possible. That's why their Walmart cart is full of soda, chips, twinkies and other creations whose mass production and cheap price is made possible by HCFS, with nary a vegetable in sight.

Someone who deep fries donuts for their fat kids every morning simply isn't intelligent enough to grasp a new concept.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

[southern drawl]"Whys we gots some feller with a funny accint tryin' tah tell us what tah doo? Well, we aints gonna doo eet!" [/drawl]

/facepalm

Did you know that bottled water isn't allowed in the vending machines in schools because it has "no measured value of caloric intake"

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

skrilla haven't heard that in a while
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote