Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #21
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

I almost hit a Stroller yesterday. It was the big one that the car seat attaches to and it was folded up in the middle of the road. I took a split second survey of my surroundings and merged into the lane next to me. The car behind me wasnt so lucky. It was a like a big Lincoln town car or something. The car drilled it. The stroller exploded upon impact but got lodged under the car. They pulled over immediately.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

4X4 on the double yellows around a curve while splitting lanes at 90mph. Bent the front rim on my then ZX9r. If I were riding my EX500 I would have went down.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I've hit a racoon and a goose before. The weirdest/funniest thing I've hit, was coming back from a bike rally. girlfriend towed her bike. she was in the lead for a while and i kept getting hit by pieces of rubber flying. got her pulled over and asked her to stop hitting pieces of tire left by semi's. they were hitting me in the head and body and it was starting to suck. she said she hadn't hit anything. went and looked at the trailer tires and yeah I was being hit by my own tires peeling off. had to stop and throw on two new shoes. luckily a shop nearby had three of. two for trailer and a spare just in case.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #24
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I hit birds all the time. The Turkey vulture was the worst.
Did he barf on you?

I've hit branches and wood and random debris in the road, with the occasional juicy bit of roadkill, but chewing gum was the worst. I still dont think I got it all out of my footpeg, tho I did get it off the chain and chain guard. Worst thing was hitting a bee, with my jacket open, while wearing a tank top. Hurt like crazy.

I'm considering getting a camera to mount on my bike, every time I go out with the hubby and the Father in Law, I swear its like Hitchcock's The Birds. They must have some magnetic draw, because everytime I ride with either of them, they get divebombed by kamikaze birds.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Cardboard movie standee, those things you see at the movie theater advertising upcoming movie releases.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #26
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

A piece of firewood....maybe 3 or 4 inches in diameter...at 70 mph on my morning commute to work. 3 lane highway....lots of congestion...I couldn't see too far in front of me because of the bumper to bumper traffic....all of the sudden...BANG...rode right over the top of it on my GSX-R750. Other than scaring the shit out of me, no harm was done. Tires and rims both survived the impact with no worries. My underwear were definitely a casualty, though.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #27
shmike
Follower

A 6'3" black dude.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #28
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Bag full of decoy geese... EAT IT!

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #29
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Why did that chubby chick throw her geese at you?

And who's the moron in the red hat?

So many questions...

JC
Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Why did that chubby chick throw her geese at you?

And who's the moron in the red hat?

So many questions...

JC
The Cliff Notes...

Drewpy and I were on our way back from Canada, met the chunky chick in stopped traffic just inside the Ohio border and it turns out that she was going to Columbus as well. She followed us as we kept a ~90mph pace in and out of traffic (quite squidly). Somewhere along the way it was Drewpy in front, me in the middle, and her VERY close behind me (like 10 feet)...

The green military like duffle bag flew out of the back of a truck, bounced off traffic in front of us, and narrowly missed Drewpy... I had a choice either to go off-roading in the median or swerve under a semi... I chose to brake hard and square up on the bag - BOOM! - locked up the rear for a second, then was able to limp off to the side of the road. Found out at that point that the chick said she got so close when I hammered the brakes that she ended up inches off my back tire.

The douchebag in the hat who was all smiles... yeah, he was the douchebag that failed to secure a 10lb bag of shit in the back of his truck yet was still crusing at 80+ in the fast lane.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote