Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
Default Whats the strangest thing you've ran over??

So today on my way to work i was thinking to myself it would really suck if this car in front of me ran over like a piece of a tire or something and i hit it and wrecked. You know the usual if this happened now i would die thoughts you have while ridding. Well about a min later the car in front of me ran over, not a tire but a flipping huge ass broom. The thing was right in front of me and i had no choice but to just run it over since i was on the HWY. I was practically airborne for a sec when i hit that damn thing. It made me think that im never going to think of bad thoughts while ridding again.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

I had a 15 foot aluminum ladder fly off a truck in front of me. Thankfully it landed flat and I had time to get front wheel off the ground and I kind of motox'd over it (on my GSXR)

I hit it hard enough to bend my back wheel. It kicked up and smashed the grill and headlight of the guy's sweet dually that was behind me. He was definitely not pleased but was more amazed at my supercross skills on my gixxer. (honestly not nearly as amazed as I was)
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

I had to run over fallen tree one time.... I was on my way to work a few months ago going over the mountain on Old Fort Rd. Come around a corner and there's an entire tree laying across the road. Kinda ironic, right as I was coming up to it, there was a guy on a GSX-R coming the other way that was in the same spot I was..... figuring out how to get over the tree. Luckily the tree was tapered and the thinner part was laying across my lane, so I pull over to the right and stop, and he comes over in my lane and runs over the tree first, then I ran over it (bump - bump). Luckily it was a low speed thing

They had it cleaned up by the time I went home from work, but you can see what was left of the tree off to the left. It was across the entire road earlier, branches and all

Other things I've ran over or almost/did hit

-Hit a plastic lawn chair with my foot on the highway, didn't feel good
-Almost hit a small BBQ grill on my way down to Miami
-Hit a medium sized dog with my foot at about 40 mph (stupid dog ran out in front of me every damn day)
-Hit a large dog that was already dead, about size of a grown german shepherd. I was doing about 70 mph, front of bike went airborn when I hit, and my buddy behind me said it was absolutely disgusting, lol
-Almost hit a little tiny dog that ran out in the road
-Almost hit a bunch of metal folding chairs that fell off a trailer in front of me... had to do the slalom through the scattered chairs, hahah

Been hit in the head (helmet) with a few cardboard boxes too

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I ran over a pallet... a full size shipping pallet...
It was lying there in the middle of the road, and I was half asleep driving back to Nacogdoches after a day in Tyler.
Luckily the truck I was driving at the time surmounted it just fine, but it scared the hell out of me.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceaholic View Post
I had a 15 foot aluminum ladder fly off a truck in front of me. Thankfully it landed flat and I had time to get front wheel off the ground and I kind of motox'd over it (on my GSXR)

I hit it hard enough to bend my back wheel. It kicked up and smashed the grill and headlight of the guy's sweet dually that was behind me. He was definitely not pleased but was more amazed at my supercross skills on my gixxer. (honestly not nearly as amazed as I was)
Thats pretty crazy lol.
I've had the Ladder thing happen to me before but it landed sideways well kind of crooked and i had to merge between 2 cars to get to the shoulder before i hit it or got hit trying to stop.

Has anyone been hit by a bird? My friend Adam and i were riding and he took one to the helmet an just a few mins later once he decided to head hime one hit my windscreen and then hit my helmet. Crazy kind of a day.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:24 AM   #6
t-homo
WSB Champion

I hit an opossum with my right peg one night we went on a ride. broke the bolt that holds the peg to the rearset/bracket.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post

Has anyone been hit by a bird? My friend Adam and i were riding and he took one to the helmet an just a few mins later once he decided to head hime one hit my windscreen and then hit my helmet. Crazy kind of a day.
I hit birds all the time. The Turkey vulture was the worst.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

I've been hit by doves twice.

The craziest thing was a mattress. Pretty sure it was a queen. On the highway, 70mph, and not experienced enough yet to keep escape routes open. Just stood up on the pegs a little and went over it like I would have on my dirtbike. Got over it just fine, but scared the shit out of me and taught me something.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Greater Canadian Goose. Took it to the right foot/peg. Fucker decided he wanted to go back the other way at the last min. Not sure how he faired, but my foot hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I've had a car's gas cap fly at me before. Hit me straight in the leg. It was just bizarre as hell.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote