What about hittin up some pawn shops?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #23
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I dont see why guys get all boner over Craftsman. The only come back I get is "life time warranty."

Hell. I rebuilt the engine I put in my vehicle with a HF torque wrench. Over 10k miles and still rolling along. LOL
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #24
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I dont see why guys get all boner over Craftsman. The only come back I get is "life time warranty."

Hell. I rebuilt the engine I put in my vehicle with a HF torque wrench. Over 10k miles and still rolling along. LOL
I've dealt with junk tools and never again. I love craftsman. I don't know why you WOULDN'T like them.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
I've dealt with junk tools and never again. I love craftsman. I don't know why you WOULDN'T like them.

Their pricing. I've had my Stanley socket set for almost 8 years. I've used it on everything and it still looks brand new and works like day one. My GearWrench racheting wrenches are the shiz.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #26
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
This is a great statement. My junk tools are all crap, and dont last worth a damn.

Short craftman story: A few years ago I had a ratchet my FIL gave me that broke, it wouldnt ratchet any more. I brought it to sears and the guy told me that because of the age they couldnt replace it directly. After some complaining (actually just talking to the tools manager) because none of my sockets would fit correctly with the newer style they replaced the one broken ratchet with a newer style, and asked me to bring a list of all my sockets so they could replace them too. I got to keep all the older style sockets too, and was able to buy an old style ratchet.

I've also had a few very old screw drivers replaced with worn off heads, and broken handles, bent shafts and other damage, and some sockets that have blown apart from being used on an impact gun, a broken hammer, some worn out files, and a broken tourque wrench.

The list of my crap tools that I have broken goes on forever, amny of them from minor light use, the quality tools that I've broken have been misused and abused and are older than me. It's totally worth the $$$ for the good stuff. For the $$$ I've spent on crap tools, and replacing the broken crap tools I could have bought quality stuff and actually used stuff more than once.

That lifetime warranty really is top notch. Snap on does the same thing, and their tools are almost as good or just as good as craftsman. Kobalt tools are better quality but don't offer the lifetime warranty.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #27
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Ya'll sound like ya'll don't know how to use tools.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #28
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Like you said, I like Craftsman because they are about the cheapest name brand tools with an easy to use lifetime warranty. I agree with you about some things though. I have Harbor Freight torque wrenches as well. I can get a set of three of them for the price of the Craftsman linked in this thread and have money left over.

About that torque wrench linked earlier, I would hardly get the chance to use it because the range is too low for me. The majority of times I'm using a torque wrench the value I need falls more in the range of this sucker.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...3&blockType=G3
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #29
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
This is a great statement. My junk tools are all crap, and dont last worth a damn.

Short craftman story: A few years ago I had a ratchet my FIL gave me that broke, it wouldnt ratchet any more. I brought it to sears and the guy told me that because of the age they couldnt replace it directly. After some complaining (actually just talking to the tools manager) because none of my sockets would fit correctly with the newer style they replaced the one broken ratchet with a newer style, and asked me to bring a list of all my sockets so they could replace them too. I got to keep all the older style sockets too, and was able to buy an old style ratchet.

I've also had a few very old screw drivers replaced with worn off heads, and broken handles, bent shafts and other damage, and some sockets that have blown apart from being used on an impact gun, a broken hammer, some worn out files, and a broken tourque wrench.

The list of my crap tools that I have broken goes on forever, amny of them from minor light use, the quality tools that I've broken have been misused and abused and are older than me. It's totally worth the $$$ for the good stuff. For the $$$ I've spent on crap tools, and replacing the broken crap tools I could have bought quality stuff and actually used stuff more than once.

That lifetime warranty really is top notch. Snap on does the same thing, and their tools are almost as good or just as good as craftsman. Kobalt tools are better quality but don't offer the lifetime warranty.
Yeah the no questions asked lifetime warranty is money.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #30
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Ya'll sound like ya'll don't know how to use tools.
I get this statement from someone that just doesn't use tools as much as I use tools...

I haven't broken a tool in a while. Not since only buying the good shit Break a torque wrench sometime, it sucks.

Oh, and you never break a tool at the end of a job; it's right in the middle of it, usually with some random fluid that will leak if you don't tighten/fix what you're doing. And, usually when the stores are closed.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote