Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

I went through hell with a 04 Nissan Titan I bought new. Getting them to honor the Warranty on multiple occasions i actually had to call corporate office in Japan. As a result I will NEVER buy another new Nissan / Infinity producg as a result of the 4 year I was Hostage to that truck!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...nit-d40-34546/

Its $85. Quit being whiney and fix it your damn self.

Not sure I want to fix it with a hack, but I'll show that to my husband and see what he says. I am certainly not fixing it, and he doesn't like to do things the half-a$$ed way. Thanks for finding that though, grumpy. Maybe it will work. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'm guessing it's either in reference to a previously owned lemon of hers, or perhaps Suzuki has found its way to the bottom of customer satisfaction surveys.

Suzuki wasn't nearly this bad. They at least tried to help and didn't completely blow me off.

And now that Nissan has made it's way to the top of my sh!t list, I can go look at the '11 gsxr750s.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #23
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I went through hell with a 04 Nissan Titan I bought new. Getting them to honor the Warranty on multiple occasions i actually had to call corporate office in Japan. As a result I will NEVER buy another new Nissan / Infinity producg as a result of the 4 year I was Hostage to that truck!

I can't really complain about the truck itself. This is the first real problem that isn't easily fixed.

I just have a problem with the way they went about this. They knew there was a problem, and I'm only just outside the warranty limit. It shouldn't matter how many Nissans I've owned. I own one now. I bought it new. I would probably have bought another one, or more. Not sure about it now.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #24
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

When my father was driving his 2000 GMC Sierra, the fuel level sender went out. The sender is attached to the fuel pump assembly and instead of them just replacing the whole assembly (which they had), the slithered their way out of it and said just the sender was under warranty. SOooooo my father had to be without his pickup for a week for them to order and replace that tiny ass sender instead of swapping the whole thing and be done with it.

Warranties have more fine print than anything else I know of.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #25
acalliste
Canyon Carver

At this point, I really wouldn't mind if they did that for me!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #26
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Don't feel bad, Nissan wouldn't replace my exhaust manifold (integrated catalytic converter, $$$) because I was 6 miles out of warranty. It was in warranty when I left my house to drive it to the dealer.

Been working with a different dealer since then and it's been night and day difference, but that was a solid $800 lesson.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #27
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Don't feel bad, Nissan wouldn't replace my exhaust manifold (integrated catalytic converter, $$$) because I was 6 miles out of warranty. It was in warranty when I left my house to drive it to the dealer.

Been working with a different dealer since then and it's been night and day difference, but that was a solid $800 lesson.

Gotta ask. Why didn't tow it? I know it sounds dumb, but now I wouldn't think so. It's re-dick-u-less how much exhaust parts cost now. Fuck you emission laws!
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #28
acalliste
Canyon Carver

6 miles??? Omg. I would probably come unglued.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #29
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Gotta ask. Why didn't tow it? I know it sounds dumb, but now I wouldn't think so. It's re-dick-u-less how much exhaust parts cost now. Fuck you emission laws!
Because I'm logical and didn't expect Nissan not to stand behind their product because of less than 10 miles. I called to schedule the appointment and gave them the odometer reading; there was no "whoa, you realize we're black and white with the mileage, right?" warning. Six miles is less than 0.01% of the 80k warranty, well within speedometer margin of error... hindsight and all that, I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
6 miles??? Omg. I would probably come unglued.
It wasn't pretty. I probably could have handled myself better, but the sheer idiocy made me hit my boiling point in the blink of an eye.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #30
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Because I'm logical and didn't expect Nissan not to stand behind their product because of less than 10th miles. I called to schedule the appointment and gave them the odometer reading; there was no "whoa, you realize we're black and white with the mileage, right?" warning. Six miles is less than 0.01% of the 80k warranty, well within speedometer margin of error... hindsight and all that, I suppose.
Actually, almost all speedos tend to read about 5% fast. I remember a consumer reports article on exactly this. You were certainly within the margin of error, and had you merely had your "lawyer" call and mention this fact, I'd bet that they would have very rapidly backpeddled from their position.